I Don't Think Straight With Nothing to Prove

Are you fucking serious? Nate thought. He saw Avril swooning over Nattie. Complementing him on how good he was at playing the base and whatnot (a/n I don't know).

Nate liked Nattie, fun.'s base player or "Base Face" as Nattie called himself. But Nate was sure that Avril was into him, not Nattie.

She laughed at everything he said it seemed. Twirling her hair like a teenager. This is ridiculous! Nate walked over to them.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Oh, hey Nate." Avril said.

"'Sup?" Nattie asked.

"Nothing really..." Nate replied. Why did I come over in the first place? Nate asked himself.

"Have you guys played here before?" Avril asked.

"First time." Nate replied.

"It's really cool." They were what was considered backstage. But in this case it was just an open place with couches and tables and food for the performers.

"You should see it when they start letting people in then." Nattie said.

"You've been here before?" Avril asked him.

Nattie nodded and took a sip from a water bottle. "There's a ton of lights and everything."

"Cool. Well, I'm gonna use the bathroom." Avril said. She signaled Ariana over.

"We're not in high school!" Ariana groaned as she trailed behind Avril.

"How old is she?" Nattie asked love they were gone.

"Twenty-nine." Nate replied.

"Uh huh...not too much older. Only four years..." (a/n I don't know how old Nattie is. I couldn't find any info on it)

Nate raised his eyebrows.

"Dude."

"Wait, she's your girlfriend. Hey, I'm sorry." Nate said.

"No, we're not together. It would just be weird." Nate explained.

"Me going out with her or you?" Nattie asked.

"Both."

"Would you care?"

Nate felt like someone had just threw a rock at him. Of course he cared! But should he tell Nattie that?

"Uh, no. Go ahead." Nate said uneasily.

"Thanks, man." Nattie said happily.

"No problem."

Correction: huge problem.

I intended to write more but it's late here and if I'm ever going to sleep then I'll have to update later. And by the way, my friend say she heard Carry On on the radio twice. We're getting somewhere.