I Am Reminded Why I Don't do This

Sorry about the mistakes in the last chapter. This is after Nate tried talking to her. Just trying to clear things up!

Ariana lingered in the doorway. Avril refused to look at her.

"That was Nate, right?" Ariana asked. Liam had left a little bit ago. Avril nodded. How could he do that to her? The man was like a boomerang. Always leaving then coming back.

"What'd you say?"

"To get out." Avril replied. Ariana widened her eyes. "Why?" She asked. Why? He broke her heart.

"Because I'm not gonna let him think he can just leave whenever then come back. If he wanted to be together then he should've told me when I actually cared." Avril grumbled. She'd been so angry lately, but she just blamed it on all of the Nate drama.

"So that's it with you two? I thought you really liked him." Ariana questioned, twirling her red hair. Avril exhaled.

"I guess so." She replied. She tried to stay calm while she was thinking something over in her head. It was important, but she hadn't told Nate, not even Ariana. But she figured she should. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"I...I'm late..." Avril finally said. Ariana cocked her head. "For what?" She asked. Avril rolled her eyes.

"I think you know what." She grumbled. Ariana's eyes widened.

"How late?"

"A few weeks."

"Oh my god, are you serious?" She asked.

Avril nodded.

"You need to tell Nate." Ariana insisted. Avril couldn't. Not after facing him just an hour ago.

"I can't." She'd insisted. Ariana raised her eyebrows.

"You have to!" She cried.

"Why?" Avril asked. She hugged her knees. "We don't even know if I'm pregnant. And besides, it's none of his business."

Ariana raised her eyebrows. "Um, he's kinda like, the dad." Ariana said.

"I told you, I don't know if I am." Avril repeated. What if she was? She didn't want a baby. Nate probably didn't either.

"Then find out!" Ariana cried.

"How? Just ask the Baby Gods?" She asked sarcastically.

"A pregnancy test, Avril. God, do I need to spell it out?"

"No..."

"Then come on! We're going to CVS." Ariana said, pulling Avril up from the couch.

They returned to their apartment and Ariana shoved Avril into te bathroom. "You better actually take it. Don't play any games." Ariana warned.

Avril took the test. Now all she had to do was wait. She tapped her nails on the vanity and thought about everything that could go wrong.

Would it be positive or negative? If it was positive, would the thing even live? Would she even keep the baby?

Ding. Three minutes was up.

Avril picked up the test and read it.

"Shit." She said.

"What?" Ariana called from behind the door. "What does it say?"

Avril opened the door. "It's positive." She said. Ariana looked at her.

"Did you read it right?" She asked. Avril let her see it. She was right. Avril was pregnant.

"Call. Nate." Ariana said seriously. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and called Nate. He didn't answer but the third time he did.

"Avril..." he started. Avril breathed in and out. She hoped that Nate wouldn't flip.

"Nate, I'm pregnant." She said quickly. Nate took a second to reply. It sounded like he'd dropped the phone.

"You're what?" He cried. Avril tried to stay calm.

"Just...please come over." She begged.

"I-I can't. Something...bad happened." Nate said slowly. Avril furrowed her eyebrows.

"What?" She asked. He was probably making up excuses so he wouldn't have to be involved. That jackass. He gets her pregnant and won't even see her? Screw him.

"Erin's dead." Nate said.