Set the World on Fire

It was a few days after Christmas when Nate decided to text Avril.

"Hey. We're playing New Years. Are you & Ariana interested?"

Avril replied quickly.

"Sure. Where?"

Nate gave her all the information she needed. They would be playing at a club in Times Square. A lot of people would be coming since they didn't need to buy tickets and Nate liked bigger audiences so it seemed to work out.

The only problem that crossed Nate's mind was Erin. She was bound to hear about the performance. There were flyers all over town with fun. written as big as it possibly could. It also included a glam shot-like picture of them. The one with all three of the guys in tuxes standing in shoulder to shoulder. And, it featured three of their songs: We Are Young, Some Nights, and Carry On.

Erin would not be happy if she found out that Avril and Ariana were going to watch, even though they were broken up. She had a very clingy personality. Nate wanted to know what Erin would do it she came. Try to win him back? Cause drama with Avril and Ariana? Who knows?

********

Avril was glad that she'd get to see Nate again. Too bad he'd be in between sets though. Maybe since he and Erin had broken up, Avril and Nate could start seeing each other. The only problem Avril could think of was that they were close. She wouldn't want to ruin their friendship. But they were adults; they could work it out.

They still hadn't talked about the night when they hooked up. To Avril, it seemed as if Nate had forgotten. Had he? He HAD been drinking a lot...(a/n I don't have italics, so the best I can do is make it all in caps for emphasis)

"Do you wanna see fun. on New Years?" Avril asked as Ariana walked into the kitchen.

"Where?" She asked pouring coffee.

"Some place in Times Square." Avril replied. "It's a party. There's other bands too."

"Sure. Is that wacko gonna be there?"

"Huh?" Avril asked.

"Erin." Ariana said in disgust.

"Shit. I didn't even think of that." Avril groaned slapping her hand on her forehead.

"She'll be pissed." Ariana said.

"Well, she should mind her on business. They're over." Avril said.

"Like that's gonna happen. She's a jealous bitch." Ariana said matter-of-factly.

~~~~~~

MWAHAHAHAHA it's short!!!! Buh bye.