Pick Me Up

Who's Kevin Hart? Did you know that the Baby Lips lip balm smells like Sweet Tarts? I was watching Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging while writing this so it took a bit to write. Well, this story like sucks so it may be over in maybe ten chapters? I don't know for sure yet but I'll make sure I let everyone know.

It had happened. The baby was gone. Avril hadn't even told Nate when she'd done it. All she did was text him a few hours later.

Nate read the text over for the fifth time. Why didn't she tell him? He had the right to know.

Nate sat on his bed and sighed. He placed his phone on the nightstand and put his head in his hands. A single tear descended his cheek. He hadn't cried in a while, it was something he rarely did. But he had a reason to. It seemed like everyone was dying. Erin's death hit him for the first time.

She was gone forever along with the baby. Nate kicked his shoes off and lay in his bed in the dark. He wasn't sure how long he had been there but he was startled to the sudden sound of his phone.

It was Avril.

A: You never answered me.

N: About what?

A: You know what.

N: It wouldn't kill you to say it.

A: What?

N: Avril, it's not like I didn't know. You told me.

A: Why do I need to say it then?

N: To show that you're not ashamed.

A: Why are you being such an ass?

N: I don't know, maybe because you didn't even tell me when you got it. I could've came with you.

Nate knew he wasn't being fair to her but he was still pissed at her for not telling him. The anger might have also came from Erin. They had broken up but it still seemed to Nate like her death was his fault. Like he drove her towards it.

A: I didn't think you cared.

N: Why wouldn't I care?

A: I don't have to explain anything to you. We're not together.

N: It was still half my baby.

A: I'm done talking to you.

N: Fine. Just ignore me then.

And she did.

Nate threw his phone across the room and tried to sleep. It was only seven thirty though.

"Andrew, what the hell do you want?" Nate demanded as his phone rang a few hours later.

"Jesus, I just wanted to see if you were okay. Jack told me about everything." Andrew explained. "Are you okay?"

"No." Nate answered truthfully. "Did she...did she get it yet?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah. Today. She didn't even tell me until a few hours ago."

"Wow..."

"I know. Can I talk to you later? I kinda wanna be alone."

"Sure." Andrew agreed. They said goodbye then hung up.

Nate couldn't go back to sleep now. It was now ten thirty. He padded out to his kitchen and opened his fridge. He grabbed a case of beer and took it to his room.

The first beer was for Erin.

The second for the unborn child.

Third for Avril.

Fourth for the mess he'd made with her.

Fifth for the baby and Erin's deaths.

Sixth and seventh just for kicks.

Nate didn't care if he was drunk. He needed something to fill the empty hole inside of him.

Yeah, like I said, this sucks. Good luck to fun. tonight at the Grammys!!! Sorry, this chapter was pretty short.