VII

"Welcome, everyone to my annual rookie dinner slash F1 season kick-off dinner!" I exclaimed to the group sitting on my yacht. "This season is going to be one to remember for sure, so if everyone will raise their glass to the good times and the bad ones!" 

Everyone cheered before going back to their food. I sat between Charles and Sebastian and across from Lando and Carlos. I think their bromance is going to be my favorite thing about this season. 

"Hey, would you mind if I ask a question about racing?" Dilara asked. 

"Of course!" 

Everyone tuned in, "So I know your father was an amazing racer, but why are you?" 

Max's eyes grew wide at the question and he opened his mouth, but I cut him off. "I just am, but I guess there are some genes involved or something," I explained. "When I first began in Formula I started watching my father's races along with reading his journals." 

"But, I've heard Max say you're almost identical!" 

Max facepalmed. "What I meant is there are some great similarities, for example, everyone calls you the Princess of Monaco. Of all the races there you've only lost one in Monaco and beat your father's record."

I took a long sip of wine before turning back to Max and his girlfriend. "I've been compared to him my whole F1 career. It's my job to put the Giselle in front of the Senna and not the Aryton. Compare me all you want, but at the end of the day I'm the one with six WDC, not my father." I stated, promptly closing that subject. 

"Oh my God!" Seb exclaimed suddenly causing us to turn to him. "You're going to have a triple legacy." 

"Come again?" 

"Imagine if you have a kid, and they go on to win a championship or two or a lot. That'll be three generations of Senna's in F1." 

"Yes, but who's going to marry me! Everyone thinks I'm this cold emotionally unavailable person, who happens to be an F1 driver!" 

The entire dinner table looks at me with a duh face causing me to roll my eyes once more. "I am not a cold emotionally unavailable person." 

This time Lewis let out a loud huff. "Giselle you are a very cold emotionally unavailable person to everyone except a few, and even with them, you are cold. You're too afraid to let people close to you because you don't want to go through losing them or risk them losing you." 

I stared at Lewis, who stared back with a cold glare. He was right though, in every way he was right. 

"Fine, you're not wrong." I snapped. 

The rest of the evening went on without a hitch. Everyone was happy and laughing, even Lewis and I managed to get along for a bit. At some point Charles asked if he could speak to me privately, so a followed him to the front of my yacht. 

"What's bothering you?" I asked. 

"How did you know?" He questioned. 

"I'm good at picking up emotional cues. Anyway, ask away." 

Charles sighed. "I'm just nervous about this season if I'll be able to measure up to your legacy and the Ferrari legacy." 

"You won't be able to live up to the legacy, because you will be making your own legacy Charles.  I've seen you drive Charles, and believe you are going to be a World Champion." I stated. 

Charles nodded silently as we walked back to the table. I sent Seb a reassuring nod and took my set again. For a while, the conversation turned away from racing and to relationships.  Of course, it turned back to racing and a deeper subject.