XVII

When I said Abu Dhabi was going to be hard time for me, I didn't realize how much of a mess I would be. The pregnancy emotions didn't help, but I was either crying or on a constant verge of tears, as we went through the race weekend. Like when we did group pictures...it was awful, but we managed to get pictures before I broke into tears again. Lewis talked with Sebastian before hand, and mentioned he'd probably want to avoid me till after we finished the race, because I wouldn't be able to stop crying during our farewell. 

Of course despite Lewis trying to do his best, the three of us were put in a pre race interview together. Lewis sat in the middle of me and Seb, as we sat down. 

"So, how are we feeling today?" Will Buxton asked and we all let out shaky laughs, before I spoke up first. 

"Umm...I think Lewis is getting pretty hard hit, I didn't think about it at first, but he is losing his best friend on the track and me being on the grid with me as well. Lewis and Sebastian were rivals for so long, and friends as well," I replied. "I of course know this is the right decision for me, and I know it wasn't easy for Sebastian to make, but I do know that the three of us will remain friends even after this season." 

Lewis nodded in agreement, "You know Sebastian mentored, Giselle during a time before I really go to know Giselle. And he helped me when I first became interested in her and often gave me advice on Giselle. Our rivalry also pushed me to be a better driver, so it is really true that he has impacted my life on and off the track, but I do look forward to developing our off the track friendship as well." 

"You know I don't think there is much to say except they are family, and our bonds will continue without formula 1." Sebastian said already getting emotional about it all. 

The interview ended shortly after when we all realized we wouldn't get anywhere, but more emotional about the situation. Lewis followed me to my drivers room, and sat on the couch opposite the one I was lying on. The two of us personally were getting back into the swing of things with each other. We both knew each other inside and out, but we're very hesitant with each other this time. I love him, but it was just we had to fall back into our patterns that we once had. 

As we laid on the couch I thought back to the first time I ever spoke to Lewis. 

I was a rookie he was already a one time champion for McLaren. The first thing Sebastian warned me about before we started racing was Lewis Hamilton. Perhaps out of their rivalry or maybe because Sebastian knew we were both on a track to stardom. We never talked, thanks to me being coined as cold, I was able to avoid him for my first season. 

Of course I couldn't help but notice his talent. I would never let on, especially to Sebastian who I was thoroughly loyal to as a teammate, but it was true...I was in awe of Lewis Hamilton. 

The first time I spoke to him was after the Brazil Grand Prix. Jenson Button and I had a long fight for first, but I ended up victorious. In the end of the year results is was Sebastian, Fernando and Me. Lewis, Kimi, and I had a season long fight for third place. I remember parking my car and my countries flag was put around my shoulders as everyone screamed my name from the grandstands. I was Brazil's driver, just like my father was. Suddenly, I felt a hand land of my shoulder gently and turned to see Lewis Hamilton. 

"You drove great out there," he said causing me to smile. 

"Thanks! I had a great time battling you for third place this year," I replied. 

He smiled back, "It's an honor driving for the team your father once did, and now driving beside his daughter." 

I took a step back from him slowly, while shaking my head, unable to make eye contact. "My father...he's barely my father. I don't even know him. If you want to keep your perfect idolization of my father, and his name you shouldn't be near me. I'm nothing like him and you'll only be disappointed." I whispered before walking away. 

The way we started off wasn't that great and it remained that way for a good bit. During the 2013 season me and Sebastian were fighting again for the championship, and I beat him by the skin of my teeth, ending his streak and earning my first championship. Lewis and I still didn't really talk, and the inkling of a budding rivalry was starting to brew. I also gained a friend in Jules Bianchi, and in passing I met Charles for a second. Then 2014 rolled around. Michael had his accident earlier and everything changed. Mick was coming to races with me, I felt pressure to perform even better after winning my first championship, and dealing with the fallout rivalry. Daniel Ricciardo was paired with me at Red Bull when Sebastian left for Ferrari and we worked really well as teammates. He brought out the fun side in me, and that of course led to the Honey Dates that we would go on. This was also the season where the vibe between me and Lewis switched in the heat of our rivalry, and I can still pin point that exact moment. 

The headlines were constantly Red Bull vs Mercedes. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg up against  Giselle Senna and Daniel Ricciardo. The four winners of F1 ect. We were the only four winning races that season. It was the Monaco Grand Prix, what the country considered to be my home race since I grew up there. The pressure was immense, too much actually and I sat in my drivers room having a nervous break. I all but refused to go to practice, and performed poorly in all of them. Sebastian tried talking to me with no avail, along with Nico and Daniel my best friends on the track. The three way rivalry that was going on between Lewis, me, and Nico was also really picking up. Nico and I were best friends on and off the track, so we didn't let it get to us, but him and Lewis their friendship was slowly breaking, and me and Lewis...well couldn't miss what was never there. 

Anyways, I'm sitting in my room as tears rolled down my face slowly trying to think of an excuse not to race when Lewis slipped in my room. I noticed the extreme glow up he had this yea, after he shaved grew out his hair, and got some good fashion sense. He was in his fireproofs on halfway when he kneeled down to my level where I sat on the couch. 

"Giselle...what's going on," he whispered. 

I shook my head, not wanting to speak, but he pushed a bit harder. 

"Is it the rivalry? The comparison to your father? What?" 

"Everything," I whispered through tears. "I am here to race, I am in Fq because I love racing, but I don't want to anymore. I am not my father. I never met him, I'm not some person to be a constant reminder of the greatest driver to live. I'm tired of questions about the rivalry between us. I'm watching you and Nico's friendship wither slowly. I don't like driving anymore, because even when I'm driving I suddenly feel all this pressure on me. I feel sick even thinking about getting into a car," I ranted. "I'm not racing today, I have enough points to miss a race anyways." 

Lewis nodded, "Giselle you have to get in that car and race," he whispered. "Because if you don't, then I can't race, at least not the way I want to. You make me a better driver. I need you on the track with me, because you make me a better driver. You push the limit, where I thought the limit was you've gone beyond it and led the way for everyone else. I don't give a dame about our rivalry, that can be easily faked in the media. Easily Giselle. I just....I need you so I can go drive too." 

Lewis and I held eye contact before I finally spoke, "You are so damn arrogant," I smirked. 

"You like that?" 

"It's doesn't matter what I like, Lewis. You said it yourself. You need me, which puts me in a great position for my career." 

I had a sly look on my face, when suddenly Lewis kissed me. It was hot, angry, and passionate. Like the climax of our rivalry had finally peaked, and this was the aftermath. This moment, the confession that he made changed the course of our lives forever. To this day, I will never let him live down or forget about the moment where he confessed that he needed me. That's just always how it's been.