XV

Three months later we were gearing up for the 2022 Brazil Grand Prix it was the morning of and Neymar Jr. and I would do press just like last year, before the race. Only this morning I felt sick as a dog, it was just horrible. Ambrose, Neymar and I all sat in my room as I just finished throwing up for the second time in the morning as I dressed for the press in white jeans, a Brazil futbol jersey gifted to me by Neymar a while back, with my last name on it, and white platform hightop converse. 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and Ambrose opened the door to a valet with a letter for me, it was supposed to have the results from some blood testing I did a few weeks ago. Ambrose looked over it quickly, before I watched his face pale suddenly. 

"You're pregnant," he whispered. "and Lewis is the father." 

"How?" 

"From what it looks like you've been pregnant for four months, you just are barely showing. It's rare, but it happens to certain people every once in awhile it says." 

"I cannot be Pregnant with Lewis's child, there is no way in the world that I can be pregnant with his child. What the actual...my career is over. My career just ended, because I promised myself the minute I had a baby I would quite racing. I will never have the chance of their mother dying because of racing, like my father did. My career is over." I whispered. "And Lewis...we've been divorced for months, what do I tell him. Do we get back together and try again? Will he even want to be a father?" 

Neymar spoke up, "You tell him, but then let me work on him. I'll make him see reason and help him out, trust me." 

"And while you may be done with driving...there is a job opening in the admin part of F1," Ambrose added and I looked up. "Ferrari is going to need a team Principal. Frédéric Vasseur can step up while you are on maternity leave, but then you can take over. you could be the person to turn this ship around." 

I thought for a moment before tears begin to just fall from my eyes, and Neymar stepped forward to hug me, but the door opened suddenly revealing Lewis who somehow had a key. Without so much of a word he moved quickly from the doorway, to wrapping his arms around me, not paying Neymar or Ambrose much attention. He just held me while I wrapped my arms around him, clutching his soft Mercedes shirt as he allowed me to cry into his shoulder. 

"You guys can go now," Lewis said a bit forcefully, but the two didn't move. "This is my ex-wife, I can handle whatever is going on." 

Ambrose and Ney didn't argue with him, and left the room, allowing lewis and I to have our moment. 

"What's this about love?" 

He whipped the tears from my eyes, while still holding onto me and looking in my eyes, a gentle look overcoming them.

"I'm pregnant Lewis," I whispered. 

"Okay," he stated. "Are you going to finish out the season?" 

One thing that I did love about Lewis was out of all the people I knew, he truly knew how to handle me or act around me. He mastered the art extremely well. 

"Yes." 

"Continue racing after the baby is born?" 

"No. Apparently I could be the Ferrari f1 principal," I whispered. 

"Good, you don't even like driving anymore," he stated to my shock. "You don't Giselle. You are scared and nervous, and while you still drive like a beast, you don't really like driving that much anymore. You changed after the accident, and that's ok. Maybe this was just a sign to say it's ok to let go and you will always have a place in F1 if you want to drive again." 

He was right, and I hated that he was right, but Lewis was always going to be right about these things. 

"Now, who's the father?" he asked nervously. "Daniel?"

I looked at him with tears welling in my eyes, "I think you already know who it is." 

"I'm gonna be a dad?" 

"You're gonna be a dad," I whispered. "To a son." 

Lewis pulled me in tightly again, as tears streamed down his face, but out of joy. I remember Lewis being so excited about the idea of being a dad, and now he finally gets to see that dream come true. There was no doubt in my mind that he would be a great a father, but I didn't know what was going to happen between us. 

As if he read my mind Lewis spoke up, "Can we try this again? Me and you? For the sake of our baby?" 

I stepped back to look Lewis intently in the eye, "When Neymar and I go on that stage today, and we talk about me winning my eight championship before I announce my retirement, and new job this afternoon, you go and apologize and admit your wrongdoing in front of everyone." 

"Deal. Now who is Daniel to you?"

"A friend that I messed around with a few times, but there isn't any feelings there." 

Lewis smirked, "Did he fuck you as good as I do?" 

"Lewis!" 

"You were made for me, and me alone. Daniel might be good, great even, but I know you inside and out. There will never be anyone who makes me feel the way I feel, and never anyone who can make you feel the way I do." 

Lewis and I stood before each others, our words hanging in the air. Lewis was my best friend and rock for a long time, and even after we divorced he stilled called me all the time to check in on me. There was no doubt about the love we had, and I'm not sure if we ever really lost it. I went through a traumatic experience and just needed a moment for space, but now with our son on the way this will most likely bring the two of us closer. 

There was a knock on the door, and I said come in as Neymar and Ambrose came back in to check on us. Ney saw Lewis grinning before they hugged tightly, but Neymar of course went on a small rant to Lewis about never hurting me, and how I was more important than anything else in his life, this and that. 

"Oh Neymar," I sighed while kissing his forehead as he gave me a one armed side hug. "You do know you're going to be Tio Ney right?" 

His smile grew wider, "Really?" 

Lewis nodded, "When we were still married and talked about kids, we decided you would be Godfather to our first born child. You're such a close friend to both of us, it only seemed right." 

"Can I teach him how to play futbol?" he asked in our native language. 

"I rather him play then drive, so of course." 

Neymar looked at Lewis who just shrugged. "She's carry the child for nine months, and is his mother. She gets to decide that." 

Ney laughed loudly, "Ahhh I think things are going to work out just fine!" 

Yeah. Everything is going to be just fine. 

Right?