VIII

"Breaking in three days before the start of the Melbourne GP, Ferrari and Mclaren announced a driver exchange. Blindsided by Ferrari by not approving her contract, Giselle Senna is now the lead driver for McLaren alongside rookie Lando Norris. Now while this is a terrible wrong that needs to be cleared up, we can't help but wonder what will happen with a rookie and veteran of Senna's status. It could go two ways, but the way we hope is Senna brings the wisdom needed to the team, helping both McLaren and Norris be more competitive. Of course, Ferrari has a lot to answer for especially now that we know, Carlos Sainz Jr. had private training on the 2019 Ferrari car while Senna will be driving the McLaren car for the first time for practice. We assume this shouldn't be too much of a problem for the six-time WDC, but with the stress, she has been put under no one knows what to expect." I read aloud after reading an F1 article. "Many drivers have spoken out including long-time teammate, mentor, and friend, Sebastian Vettel, Max Verstappen, Daniel Ricciardo, Toto Wolff, Christian Horner, Pierre Gasly, Lando Norris and Zak Brown, in support of Senna. Piero Ferrari put out a detailed statement of extreme disappointment and went so far as to give Giselle Senna a share in the company making her an owner of the team that just dropped her. Senna herself hasn't spoken out yet, and we only wait to see what happens as she arrives in Melbourne. As the F1 world rallied behind the young driver, we'll be holding out breaths till the checkered flag is waved on Sunday." 

Max looked over to me from his spot on the couch in my hotel room. We were chilling by ourselves before Practice. Soon they would be bringing us to the circuit where we would do talks and everything to hype the first race of the year. 

There was a soft knock on the door, and I yelled for them to come in, revealing Lando Norris. The two of us haven't really had a chance to speak yet, so I invited him over and to ride with Max and me to the circuit. 

"Hey, Lando!" I exclaimed. 

"Hey!" he replied with a wide smile. "Wow, I did not expect to be driving alongside Giselle Senna for my rookie year." 

Max scoffed, "Yeah and she wasn't expecting to be driving with a rookie for the year she equals Schumacher's record, but here we are." 

I sent Max a look, "Max play nice, Lando he doesn't mean that." 

"I get it, if Ferrari screwed me over like that I would be pissed too." He stated. "You said you had a plan you wanted to discuss with me?" 

Max smacked his forehead while throwing himself back against the chair. I flipped him off before, turning back to Lando. 

"We need to really make Ferrari regret their decision, even though there is no possible way I would ever drive for them again. So...Charles and I are going to be civil so people will see the partnership they missed out on. As for you...we need to be rock solid teammates and bring up McLaren to its glory again. Finally, a slight warning the narrative the media will be pushing is two generations of Senna's driving for McLaren. I'm going to push it as well, even though I rather not, but I'm too pissed at Ferrari not to." I explained. 

The three of us talked over our year plan for a bit more before moving down to the lobby of the hotel to head over to the Circuit. The more Lando and I smiled and waved, the more I grew extremely agitated. 

I was supposed to be with Ferrari, not McLaren. Ferrari was my toxic relationship, I brought them their glory only to be screwed over. Horner was pissed for me as well and already started talks to get me back on Redbulls team, but for now, I was stuck at McLaren. 

As we walked to interviews I just happened to be paired up with Charles and Max. Max and I usually did interviews together because we always backed each other up especially after races. Charles got up as I walked in to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before sitting back down, which did not go unnoticed by the reporters. 

 Charles and I did most of the talking, especially after Max went on a very passive-aggressive rant about Ferrari. That's just who Max was unlike me who kept things inside only letting the world know a snippet here and there about my true feelings. 

The rest of the day flew by quickly and practice actually went extremely well. Everyone was surprised by my success in the McLaren and the word Senna was flying around the circuit, but not just with my name in front of it...my father's as well. Everyone was wondering if McLaren was really magical place for me. It wasn't. Redbull was my home and I was going to go down in their history books. Not Mercedes, not Ferrari, and definitely not McLaren it was going to be Redbull.