XII

The 2020 season was nice for me. While going through physical therapy to prepare for the 2022 season, I would also go and watch some of the races and they would have me as a commentator as well. Sebastian and Lewis being the great friends they were gave me the opportunity for the three of us to hang out during races, and lewis and I also got used to having a public relationship, but we still kept some parts of it private as well. However, my fears were coming true as the extra attention was starting to cause a bit of strain and tension in our relationship. Lewis of course to my joy won the WDC adding to the family trophy collection. 

2021 was another great season as I started to get more into Red Bulls car that they were developing for the 2022 season. Though everyone could tell something was up every time I got in the car, Lewis saw it too. He never brought it up with me, but I could see the way he would look at me after a practice session. Of course, the attention slipped to him during the last race where he lost the WDC championship to Max. While of course, I wanted to be happy for Max, and in a way I was, Lewis, of course, came first and his anger became my anger. The 2022 season was going to be quite interesting for both of us. 

Today we were in Bahrain getting ready for the first race of the season. Charles came first in Quali, followed by Max, then Me for the top three, then Carlos, Checo, and Lewis. 

"I can't do this," I whispered as I walked around the garage. 

Max wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "Hey you've got this, you're a beast on the track always. I think I know what the problem is, Giselle." 

I scoffed, "What?" 

"You came to terms with being your father's daughter, and now you're trying to figure out how to be okay with that. You spent your whole career trying to escape him, but now you don't know what you're fighting for. You used to fight to be better than him, but that's changed. So, what's the fight for now? What are you mad at?" 

I thought for a second 

"What are you mad at Gisell?" Max yelled taking me by surprise. "You're cold-hearted and closed off to everyone, WHAT ARE YOU MAD AT!" He roared. 

"Max," I whispered. 

"Are you mad at your crash? That you almost died? Mad at Me for beating Lewis? Are you mad you might not be the best anymore? Or are you mad that you finally were proved to not be invincible? You're just another show pony, that has a few good years, and then you get left behind." 

"I'm mad at myself!" I yelled back. "I don't know who I am anymore!" 

Max nodded and I started crying, "I don't know who I am," I cried while I felt Max step back and Lewis wrapped me in a hug. 

"I know darling," he whispered while I curled my fingers around his driver's suit. He swayed back and forth while holding on tightly. "I love you," 

"I don't want to race anymore...I'm scared," 

Lewis moved to look me in the eyes deeply with a sweet smile on his face, "You are Giselle Senna-Hamilton, the amazing daughter of Aryton Senna, the gorgeous wife of me, Lewis Hamilton, and above all Seven-Time WDC Winner only equal to Michael Schumacher." '

"And?" I huffed. 

He laughed softly, "And that means you get in the car and win the damn race," 

And that I did. Again and again. Now we were in Great Britain doing prerace interviews before the Grand Prix later. This Grand Prix was always a weird one for me and Lewis because it was his home race and of course, attention was always on him and he tended not to like it when he didn't win his home race. We are opposites, though...I'd never won my home race in Brazil, I just can't do it and this year is going to be even worse. 

Thankfully Max, Charles, Sebastian, and I were in the same panel for our prerace. 

"So, Giselle, this is your husbands home race...any chance you'll give up a win for him to take his home race?" 

Max jumped in, "There is no way in hell, and what a ridiculous question. No one gives up a win. marriage or not!"

I nodded, "At the end of the day the last name Senna is on all my trophy's, not Hamilton." I smirked. "If Lewis wants a win at his home race, he's going to have to put up a fight with me and my teammate max. We have a great streak of both of us being on the podium this season, and believe me I have no intention of having our streak broken." I stated with a slight tone to my voice noticing that I was not ok with that happening. 

Sebastian also spoke up, "Why do you ask that?" 

"Well, in an interview at another pannel Lewis said quote, After last night maybe I'll get lucky a second time and Giselle will let me have the win at my home race." 

The energy in the room changed suddenly and I looked to my left to see the Seb, Charles, and Max all furious. They were furious, but not more than me. 

"Clearly driving isn't the only thing he appears to be mediocre at if he think I'm going to let him have this win," I stated coldly and the guys snickered at my dig. 

This was what I was worried about happening when taking our relationship public. He is an arrogant son of a bitch, and these statements he was making was starting to get at me. Our relationship has been breaking down ever since my crash, and it was because all the attention on me has finally gotten to him. His personality just cannot take me being more successful than him. This interview is what did it for me. 

I stayed silent the rest of the interview which ended quickly and I stormed out before looking to find Christian and Toto and pulled them into Christian's office. 

"What's up?" Christian asked. 

Toto sighed, "It's the interview and the statement Lewis made wasn't it?" 

I nodded, "I'm giving him divorce papers after the race." I stated suddenly to their surprise. 

"Are you sure?" Christian asked me with a worried tone, "We really just want what's best for you."

"Ever since my crash, my relationship with lewis has just been in downward spiral. I just cant' keep going on like this to be honest. The love we shared has left. A part of me died the day of my crash and with it, went out relationship. I cannot keep doing this, I'm done." I whispered before walking out of Christian's office to my room where the divorce papers were. 

I stared at them before grabbing a small sticky note and writing, "It's not my job to make you feel like a man. I can't make you something you're not." before having someone go deliver it to lewis's room. Then I won the race just to spite him.