X

Third Person POV *for the sake of the book pretend Lewis is 30 right now with a six-year age gap. 

Silence descended over the track, and all that could be heard was the crunch of metal and then silence. All the drivers waited in the garage while they could hear a helicopter coming in the distance and the medical car speeding off on the track. 

Max was screaming his head off in the Red Bull garage when they held him back so he didn't take off toward the scene right before the finish line, which wears her car stopped after flying through the air and then rolling many times. 

Lewis sat in complete silence still not able to get out of his car, and Sebastian sat on the side of Lewis's car while they held each other's hand. Daniel finally made it to Max and calmed him down but they were both scared as hell. Mick was with Lando and Charles who tried their best to keep him calm, but the worst of the people there was Neymar. 

Then they heard the burning of rubber on the track and saw the medical car speeding toward them and the helicopter coming closer. When the car stopped the crew piled out and laid the lifeless body of Giselle Senna in the pitlane which was the closest place the helicopter could land because of the debris scattering the track from her car. 

"Three...two...one, clear!" the medics yelled and took a break from CPR to try and shock her back to life. "We don't have a pulse yet, charge again!" 

The team from the helicopter came just as they got a heartbeat again after ten minutes of nothing. 

"One person can go, better it be someone who speaks Portuguese," a medic called and Neymar took of running, and whispered something to the medic who nodded. 

The helicopter took off from the track and there was silence once again. The team principals all were meeting together deciding what to do, everyone voted against continuing the race, but Max, Lewis and Sebastian all walked up to them and vetoed the vote. 

"Giselle told me should anything happen, she wants us to keep racing," Max stated. 

Christian chuckled, "That sounds like her alright, well who am I to say no to the Queen of F1," 

So with that, the race started once more and the drivers were on them did their four laps, and were on the fifth and final, but when they got to the finish line they all slowed down and crossed at strategically set times. The announcers came over the sound system. 

"And the winner of the 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix based of course off of times, is Giselle Senna also which also means not matter the result of the next Grand Prix means Senna has won her Seventh WDC!" 

Instead of cheering like normal the entire stands and drivers all stood to their feet as the Brazilian flag was raised and everyone sang the Anthem in her honor. There were no celebrations and minimal press, as all the drivers wanted to get to the hospital as quickly as possible to check on Giselle. 

When her closest friends and Principals arrived at the hospital they saw Neymar in the waiting room with a constant flow of tears running down his cheeks. 

"Neymar!" Max exclaimed. 

He looked up at everyone with the saddest look, "Fractured spine, skull, ribs, collar bones, left wrist, right leg the bone was sticking out. Sever concussion with an internal brain bleed and heart failure. Her broken ribs punctured her lungs, and a piece of the car just missed her heart. She's just out of surgery, but they don't know if she'll make it through the night. She cardiac arrested on the scene, again on the way, and then once more during surgery. She has a 33% chance of making it through the night." Ney explained before dissolving back into tears. "They said we should prepare ourselves." 

"Prepare ourselves?" Max whispered. 

It was Mick who spoke up, "Prepare ourselves for her not to make it through the night, that's what it means." he said calmly. "Neymar can we see her?" 

"Room 314," he whispered, "But only a three at a time." 

Everyone started to move at once, thinking they were included in the few but Mick wasn't having it. "Who is Giselle's power of attorney?" he asked and Sebastian raised his hand. "Ok, me, Sebastian and Lewis will go in, and then Max, Daniel, and Charles." 

"I'm her best friend, not Lewis!" Max exclaimed causing Lewis to chuckle. 

"Max, just go with it," Mick snapped before walking with Lewis and Sebastian back to the room. 

Mick and Sebastian let Lewis go in first, and the man walked in slowly to see Giselle hooked up to all these wires and breathing devices keeping her alive. He sat on the right side of the bed and held her hand tightly while looking down at her through tear-filled eyes. 

"I love you, Gigi," he whispered. "You know I do, always have always will," 

While it would come as a shock to the drivers, Lewis and Giselle had been friends since she was sixteen and he twenty-five. Then she turned 18 and their relationship shifted a lot, and they started hooking up. They were best friends through it all, but they had to cover it up during racing mainly to help themselves from letting emotions get involved in racing so they were always mean to each other. Everyone thought it was real, but they were never with Lewis and Giselle during breaks for long periods of time or weeks between races or after hours. 

They were careful to never be caught together in public unless it was with Sebastian, who was in on it the whole time, and Mick, but they roped Mick in even though he wanted to help out. Mick actually adored, Lewis and they got along great. Lewis and Giselle started dating when she turned 20 and he 26. When she turned 22 they actually got married in Private on Lake Como and now two years later here they are. Their plan was to retire when Giselle turned 30 and take over their respective teams as principals. Lewis at Mercedes and Giselle at Red Bull. They would finally go public with their relationship and have one kid. 

Now with everything in the balance Lewis was scared of losing his wife, and best friend to the sport that they had sacrificed a lot for. A few minutes later Mick and Sebastian came in to visit Giselle and look after Lewis who was in extreme shock while being distraught. 

"The doctors sent the others, home and thought we would stay with you...just to keep you company," Seb whispered while he and mick took their own seats around the bed. 

"God, she loved you with every fiber in her body," Mick whispered to Lewis who smiled small. "She would always talk about sweet you were and her biggest cheerleader."

"Yeah, she loved to talk about you, it was always with total adoration. Said you were the best driver she knew," Seb added. 

Tears dripped from Lewis's cheeks as he looked at his wife, barely hanging onto life, "I love her more than she could ever imagine, you know. She's perfect in every way and right now more than anything I need her to pull through because I don't know what to do with myself if she's not here. I'm not me without her, Giselle complete what makes me Lewis Hamilton." he whispered. 

The rest of the night the three just shared storied about Giselle, too afraid to fall asleep in case anything were to happen. Giselle made it through the night and then the next day when the other drivers came to visit. Then she made it through the next week and the next, where she was transported to her home in Monaco. She still hadn't woken up, but she was now breathing on her own. The drivers went to the final race where there was a tribute to Giselle and Lewis finally announced to the world their true relationship to everyone's surprise, but it was taken well. 

A few days after Abu Dhabi, Giselle finally woke up when just Lewis was home. She started the journey of healing and getting better, and Lewis was by her side every step of the way. It seemed all was going well for the Giselle and Lewis, who were finally free to love in private and public. The only catch was Lewis and she was planning a surprise come back since the others didn't know she was awake or recovering beside Mick and Seb, and boy was it a big surprise.