XVI

"Everyone please welcome Giselle Hamilton Senna and Neymar Jr. back to the stage!" Will Buxton announced as we walked on. "Welcome you two, great to have you back!" 

"Thank you for having us," I exclaimed happily. 

"Now I've been notified you have a pretty big announcement for everyone to hear!" 

I thought over everything we went over and finalized in the past few hours before this event, before committing to the plan. Neymar wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I took a shuddering deep breath.

"Yes...ummm there has been a lot of speculation about who I'm with, and I'm sure many of you guessed Lewis and I have decided to get back together. We both agreed our decision to separate was rushed, and from a place of anger and fear, more so on my part while still dealing with my accident and I've come to regret that decision. With that being said, we are reversing our divorce papers, and with the right support hope to continue on our marriage. We also are very excited to welcome our son in April." I announced and everyone cheered loudly. "And I believe Lewis has something to say, ladies and gentlemen, Lewis Hamilton!" 

Lewis ran on the stage and kissed my cheek before grabbing a mike from me. "I messed up. I messed up big time with the absolute best thing to ever happen to me. I regret so many things that I said or my actions toward Giselle, because I took her for granted and let the fame get to my head truly. At the end of the day I love her so much, more than anyone could ever imagine and I am so grateful for her in my life. I will forever be making up for my actions, but I can say I have grown as a person during the months we were separated and moving forward, I know that Giselle is more important than this sport or anything else." he stated before turning to me. "Giselle you are my best friend, the mother of my child, and my forever. I love you." 

I hugged Lewis again, tightly around the neck while I wiped tears from my eyes. He kissed me softly in front of everyone before hugging me one more time. Everyone awed and cheered, as he let go to stand beside me. 

"And one more announcement before we get on with the Q and A with Neymar!" Will said. 

"I am currently four months pregnant and have been cleared to race here, and in Abu Dhabi, but it is with much sadness..." I got choked up. "Oh God this is harder than I thought. I am formally announcing my retirement after the 2022 season. It's almost poetic when I think about it, I came into F1 with Sebastian Vettel as my teammate, and we are leaving together. I have enjoyed my time as a drive in F1, and I look forward to supporting Lewis and the rest of the drivers as President and CEO of Formula 1 starting for the 2023 Race Season." 

Everyone cheered even louder as I waved at wiped tears from my eyes, as I felt the love and support from my country, fans, and friends. Lewis stood behind me with an arm wrapped around my middle, hand resting on my belly. 

I looked up at him to see Lewis already looking down at me causing me to lean up to kiss his lips, and he kissed me back quickly. Will got the interviews going on, and there were some really good questions that he had, and also the fans had some great questions as well. It was really nice speaking in me and Neymar's native language instead of English. As I got older I've come to really appreciate the culture my father came from, and Brazil has been so embracing of me. 

Now, a few hours later I was back in the Red Bull garage getting ready to get in the car, when Lewis sauntered in with a nervous look on his face. 

"Are you sure about this?" 

I chuckled, "I've been racing pregnant for the past few months, this time will be no different. You just have to trust me with your son." 

"I trust you with me life, Giselle. As long as you're okay with everything," he replied and I nodded. "You're a Champion Giselle." 

"Eight times," I whispered to him. 

"Yeah, and how many rounds are we going tonight after you win?" 

I put on a playful smile, "As many as you want," I replied causing him to close his eyes and breath a heavy sigh. "Keep your head in the game Lewis, we're about to race...don't want you thinking about me the whole time." 

"Too late." 

•••

"And for the last time at  Brazil Grand Prix we have now been given permission to call it, Giselle Senna has taken the win here, and done what many thought was impossible...beat Michael Schumacher's record with a whopping eight championships!" the announcers said as I crossed the line and I was screaming in the car out of pure excitement. 

"THAT"S MY GIRL!" Christian yelled over the headset. "YOU Wonder Woman! THANK YOU!" 

"THAT'S A WRAP!" I yelled back as I parked the car next to Lewis and Max, who came in second and third. 

Lewis all but there himself out of the car, and picked me up, while spinning me around while I laughed. He let go quickly knowing Max was waiting to celebrate with his best friend. Max hugged me gently, and I felt him shaking slightly and then I heard a sniffle. The three of us had pulled our helmets off by now, and I moved my head slightly to see if my suspicions were right... and they were. Max was crying into my shoulder, as he gripped onto my fire proofs. 

"Aww Max," I whispered. 

"You've been the best teammate I could ever ask for," he sniffed. 

I chuckled, "C'mon we're best friends before teammate, you aren't really getting rid of me. Plus I'm going to be your boss in a few months, so you've got nothing to worry about." 

"You're right." 

"I always am," I replied as he let go, and I patted his shoulder before we were rushed away to get weighed and hydrated. 

Medics swarmed around me as they were hydrating me at a quicker rate with not only having me drive, but an IV in each arm since I was pregnant. There was a lot of precautions being taken, and thankfully there was only one more race before we could be done with them for good. Lewis of course was at my side in an instant after he was done, ready to go to the podium together. It was a bittersweet moment, but I knew I would be a mess come Abu Dhabi during my last race for  F1.