┗━━━ The8 - A Decorated Canvas

Being a tattoo and piercing artist came with a lot of perks; you met loads of different people and get to learn about their ways of life, you get to express yourself through art, and finally you get to see the happiness and wonder on a customer's face when they've seen the finished result of whatever they've ordered.

It's things like that that make Odette's job enjoyable, unfortunately however, there are some downsides; people taking a long time to decide what they want, customers not liking the end result, or crying kids who are scared of the needles that will soon poke through their ears.

The latter didn't bother the woman that much because she understood that it can be a pretty freighting experience for such a young person, but the crying did sometimes get on her nerves.

One day in particular, she heard the sound of a little girl around 5 years old comes running into the parlour with her mother trailing behind her before the door had even opened, God bless her supernatural senses. The little girl sprints up to the front counter with the biggest beaming smile on her face. She internally cooed and bent down to reach her level.

"Hello, what's your name?" The little girl asked, her voice just as bright as her smile.

"My name's Odette, what's yours?" Odette made small talk with the little girl, obviously knowing that the only reason she would be here would be to get her ears pierced.

"My name's Chaesoo! This is my mum! She said I can get my ears pierced for my birthday!" The little girl, Chaesoo, tuned around and pointed to her mother, who smiled softly at the artist.

"Hi, my name's Chaehyun, I booked an appointment last week, I haven't gotten someone's ears pierced before so I'm not too sure what I have to do." Her mother spoke with a soft voice, a smile of confusion and nervousness graced her face.

Odette shook the hand that was reached out for her and then turned to her computer, after a few clicks she saw the booked appointment and smiled at the slightly older woman.

"Yeah I can see your appointment and all you had to do was show up and then pay at the end." She laughed, watching the worry fall from the mother's face.

Chaesoo had wondered off from the front desk and was looking at all the tattoo designs that were displayed on the walls of the parlour.

Despite mainly being focused on tattoos, the shop Odette worked at honestly looked more like a diner than a tattoo parlour. The bright mint and white decoration made a complete contrast to what one would normally expect. Even Odette herself didn't look like the stereotypical tattoo artist, instead of being full of different shoes and colours of ink; she had a few small, meaningful tattoos that graced her body, all perfectly placed within reason.

She thought of her body as a canvas, so why not paint it?

Odette brought the mother-daughter duo to one of the back rooms, one that was specifically designed for ear piercing.

In the middle of the room sat a mint green piercing chair and white small tables were placed around it, holding all sorts of different equipment and photos of different piercings.

Odette guided Chaesoo to sit in the big chair and for her mother to sit in a smaller rolling chair beside her. Whilst she got the piercing gun ready, Odette asked Chaesoo to pick out her favourite coloured studs from a board that was placed against the wall, once she'd chose and X's had been drawn on her ears, Odette got the correct studs and placed them inside the gun.

She figured that everything got a bit too real for Chaesoo because she heard her start to whimper and her mother start gently shushing her. Odette sat back for a bit and hid the gun, worried that the sight of it would make the situation worse.