Chapter VIII: That's on you

Chuuya's pov-

I woke up at my house, in my room. Just another dark, boring morning huh, I thought to myself. I slowly opened the curtains and the window to let some air in, like always. I got ready - put on my pants, hoodie, gloves, brushed my teeth. I skipped my breakfast as always, then took my backpack and locked the door. I hoped on my motorcycle and drove away to school.

Me and Dazai met up near the school gates.

-Heyyy, Chu-chu~.- He was annoying as always. 

-Hi, Bandages. What's the first lesson?

-I think, It's history. 

-Okay, let's go then?

-Yeah.

We walked into school. Near the entrance we saw the guy Dazai beat up a few days ago. He had a plaster on his cheek and his neck. One of his arms was bandaged up, it looked like Dazai's arm.

-You did that to him?- I asked.

-Yeah, I could've went all out and put him into hospital but I didn't want to get into trouble, unlike someone.- Dazai glared at me.

-Come on. At least I'm not scared to break the rules.

-Yeah, but it could lead you to jail.

-Big deal. Been there, done that. Give me something new.

-You've been to jail???- He was shocked.

-Yeah and you haven't? 

-No?! What were you locked up for?

-Umm... Arson, punching a cop, selling illegal stuff, scamming people...

-Okay, okay, I get it, you like breaking the rules. How did I even become friends with you again?

-I don't know. Maybe you followed me everywhere and kept asking me what I was hiding till I got pissed off and started talking to you.

-Oh, yeah right...

As we talked the injured guy walked up to us.

-H-hey, Dazai and Chuuya... I-I'm sorry for talking shit...

-Yeah, whatever.- Dazai rolled his eyes.

-N-no, I really am, and I shouldn't have said those t-things.- He continued.

-I said whatever. Now get out of my sight unless you wanna get beat up again. (A/N Dazai really woke up and chose violence)

-Sorry.- The guy ran away.

-Wow, I didn't know you could be that intimidating.- I said.

-Well, I learned from the best.

-Yes, you did.

-I still remember how you threw that one guy to the wall. It was kind of painfull to watch. Anyways, where did you learn that?

-Oh, umm.- I didn't want to reveal that I got special training from Port mafia.- You know... As a kid I used to get bullied a lot so I learnt how to defend myself.- I lied.

-Oh, I'm sorry for that.

-Nah, it's okay. We should really get going to class.

Dazai's pov-

During the lesson I looked over to Chuuya's desk. He was sketching something in his notebook again.

-Psst. Chuuya, what are you drawing?- I whispered.

-Umm. Nothing, not your business.- He was being secretive again. It looked like we were back to the first step of our friendship.

-Come on, show me.- I stole his notebook.