Alone

Ava POV.

I woke up to my alarm ringing in my ear. Great another day of the hell whole I call school. I slowly arose from my bed. Everything from yesterday hit me when I felt a headache coming on.

When I walked to my bathroom I looked in the mirror. My eyes were so puffy and red. Sadly I don't think makeup can hide this one. Last night I cried so much I don't even remember falling asleep. The things Cameron said yesterday hurt me. But I won't let his words get to me. I won't show weakness.

After washing my face, brushing my teeth, and putting on makeup I went to my closet. I really didn't feel like wearing any thing fancy, so I picked out a tie dye shirt and a pair of shorts with my white converse.

I went downstairs to find my brother in the kitchen eating pop tarts. I decided to get a pop tart of my own while I waited for Avery to come.

"Why are your eyes puffy?" Seth asked.

"I didn't get a lot of sleep," I some what lied.

"I know what your eyes look like when you don't get enough sleep. Their not that puffy. Want to tell me what happened yesterday?" Seth asked. He knew me to well.

"It's nothing really," I said trying to avoid talking about what happened.

"Just tell me, I'll find out anyway. Cameron is my friend." He said.

"Then ask him because I don't feel like talking about it." I said walking towards the door. I couldn't stand there any longer.

"I didn't know this bothered you so much. I'm sorry, Ava." Seth said.

"It's okay, I'll tell you later." I said walking out the door. Avery was just coming up the drive way.

"Your eyes are really puffy, Ava." Avery said when she got close enough.

"I'll explain later, let's go." I said walking towards the car. When we got in the car Avery wouldn't stop asking questions.

"Avery! I really don't want to talk about it now! I'll cry if I even think of it!" I said when we got to the school.

"Tell me now, I need to know who messed with you!" Avery begged.

"It was Cameron, okay? Now leave me alone." I said getting out of the car before I could get asked anymore questions. Instead of waiting for Avery, I kept walking. I didn't want to talk about last night.

I accidentally ran into someone while I was walking. My stuff fell to the floor. I got to the ground and started to pick his stuff up. When he bent down I saw who it was. Cameron. His eyes were puffy too.

"I'm really sorry, Ava." He said in a quiet voice. I didn't say anything. I couldn't. He looked at me with sad eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He doesn't go here anymore.

"I wanted to apologize to you. The only way I could get you to even talk to me is if I ran into you." He said.

"So you purposely ran into me so that you could talk to me?" I asked.

"Yeah sort of." He said. I started to walk away. His hand grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.

"I know what I said was wrong and I shouldn't of said that. I don't know why I even said what I said. I'm jealous. I'm jealous because you and Jake are friends. You talk to him. We don't talk anymore. I know you don't like me right now, but I want to make things right between you and I." He said.

"Cameron, we never talk because you are always somewhere else." I stated.

"I'm trying, Ava! I want this long distance thing to work out because I love you! I'm scared to lose you!" He said almost yelling.

"I'm trying too! But you don't trust me! I need trust!" I yelled. My eyes started tearing up again but I blinked the tears away.

"I never said I didn't trust you." Cameron said.

"Well you sure act like it!" I yelled.

"I don't want a repeat of last year! I don't trust your little friend Jake! You don't deserve to get hurt again. I care about you and want the best for you." He said.

"Then if you want the best for me, then leave me alone." I said walking away.

"Ava!" Cameron yelled but I continued walking. Avery was next to me.

"Ava you're making a mistake." She said to me.

"I'm not making any mistake. I need to be alone." I said walking to the bathroom. I don't think I made a mistake at all. I'm better alone. Less stress, less everything. I love Cameron but him and I knew this would never work out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry it has taken me forever to write! I just really needed to focus on my work at school. Hope you enjoy!!