The Call

Cameron POV.

"Guys I have to go call Ava," I said getting up from the table, where we were all sitting.

"This is why I don't want a girlfriend, too many responsibilities!" Brent said as I walked away from the table. I walked up to my room and laid down on my bed. I clicked the FaceTime app on my phone and scrolled down to Ava's name and clicked call.

The phone rang for a few seconds before it read connecting. In a few seconds Ava's face popped on the screen. She smiled at me and said hi.

"Hey beautiful! I miss you!" I smiled back.

"I miss you too!" She said pouting her lip.

"How was your first day if Senior year?" I asked.

"It was good, I like my teachers! I have some classes with Avery!" She smiled.

"Thats great!" I smiled.

"Cameron I have to tell you something," Ava said looking worried. My heart began to race at the possible things she could say.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Um-"

"Ava!" Nash said bursting into the door. He jumped on top of me and said hi to Ava. She smiled at him and said hi back.

"How are you?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked with a fake smile. I knew she had something important to say and I know she gets upset when she gets interrupted.

"I'm great! I can't wait to see you this weekend!" He said.

"I can't wait either! I heard Maggie's going to be there!" Ava smirked. Nash's cheeks began to turn bright red as he smiled.

"Yeah, I can't wait for you to meet her. You guys are going to be great friends!" Nash smiled,

"I hope so!" She smiled back.

"Well I'm going to give you guys some privacy, don't have sex over the phone." He warned with a laugh.

"How can you have sex over the phone?" I asked.

"I don't know, I've never done it." He said walking out of the room. I turned back at Ava who was laughing at Nash.

"He has problems!" I laughed.

"Yeah he does," she agreed.

"So what we're you going to tell me?" I asked.

"Um it's nothing important," She said.

"What was it about?" I asked curious.

"It was just about school that's all," She said.

"What about school?" I asked.

"If I tell you, you can't get worried about me. Okay?" She asked.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked. Ava took a deep breath and looked me in the eye.

"Jakes back," She said nervously. My hands clenched around the phone. Why is he out of jail? Why is he back in the same school?

"How did he get let out of jail?" I asked.

"I don't know, but don't worry about me I have Avery." She stated.

"I don't want him to hurt you, he knows that I'm not with you." I said.

"He doesn't know that you moved," she said.

"Yeah but he can do things to you at school, no doubt about it." I said getting worried.

"Look Cameron I have Avery with me all the time and Jake has security guards around him all the time." She said.

"I don't want you to get hurt again," I said.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you, I knew that you were going to freak." She said.

"You weren't going to tell me?" I asked getting furious.

"Yes because I didn't want you to worry about me. I wanted you to stay focus on your career not my life." She said.

"Look, Ava, I want to protect you. I don't want you getting hurt again, that's why I freaked out about Jake being back. I know what he can do." I said looking her in her eyes.

"I know but I just don't want you to worry about me. And besides I have Avery with me all the time." She said.

"I know and Avery better stay with you because I'm not with you." I said.

"She will," Ava smiled.

"Good!" I smiled back.

"Well I have to go to bed," She said with a yawn.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you!" I smiled.

"Love you more!" She smiled back.

"Goodnight!" I said hanging up the phone. I sat there for a second pondering what just happened. Jake's back. I can't let him get to Ava not again.

My phone started to buzz beside me. I looked down at the caller ID. I didn't recognize the number but I still answered it.

"Hey Cameron," My blood boiled with angrier.

"What do you want Jake?" I hissed.

"I want Ava," He said.

"You're not going to get to her," I hissed.

"Really? Because you're not here." He said. My fist clenched.

"Don't even come near her, got me? I will hurt you if you even touch her." I yelled.

"Oh Cameron, you're so sweet! Looking after your girlfriend. Well you can't protect her when you don't even live next to her anymore," The line cut and I just starred at the wall. He will not get to her.

"Who was that?" Nash asked walking into the room. I looked at him.

"Jake," I said getting up and pacing back and forth. Nash is the only other person that I told about Jake.

"How'd he get out of jail?" Nash asked.

"I don't know, but he can't get to Ava." I said getting nervous.

"Dude settle down," Nash said holding on to my shoulders to stop me from pacing back and forth.

"I can't he's out to get her," I said breaking down. A tear escaped my eye. I couldn't let Ava get hurt again. She's everything to me.

"Ava will be fine, she's a strong girl." Nash said hugging me.

"I know she is," I said.

"How bout you clean up and come downstairs. We're going to watch a movie." Nash said letting go.

"It will get things off your mind," he added. I nodded and he left the room. Jake better not touch her or he will pay.

Ava POV.

"Avery I told you he would freak out," I told Avery over the phone. She called me right after I hung up with Cameron.

"I know but at least he will know that Jake is here. He needs to know about this." She said.

"Your right," I said. My phone notified me that I was getting another call.

"Hold on Avery I'm getting another call," I said switching over to the call.

"Hi Ava," That familiar voice said. My body froze and I dropped phone. Jake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How'd you guys like this chapter? Thanks for all the votes and comments! I love you all!!!