"Hi Jake"

Ava POV.

I picked my phone up from my bed and put it to my ear.

"What do you want?" I asked shaking profusely.

"You," He hissed in the phone. I gulped and took a deep breath.

"You can't get to me," I said trying to convince him I wasn't scared but in reality I was terrified.

"Oh sure, I know Cameron isn't there to protect you anymore." He said.

"Why do you want me anyway?" I asked.

"Because you put me in jail! I'm going to get payback for what you did to me! I will make you pay Ava Hart!" He yelled hanging up the phone. My heart raced and I felt light headed.

My nightmare had come true. Jake is out to get me and Cameron isn't here to save me like he did. I pulled my legs to my face and cried. I was terrified of what Jake will do.

"Ava?" I heard my phone. I remembered that Avery was still on the hold.

"Avery, can you please come over?" I asked when I picked up the phone.

"Why?" She asked worried.

"I'll explain just come over, quick." I said hanging up the phone. I ran to my window locking the window and closing the shades. My life was in danger as of now.

"What are you doing?" I jumped and turned around to see Avery was in the doorway. I walked over to her and hugged her.

"I'm scared," I said letting out tears.

"Tell me what happened," She said pulling me over to the bed. We sat down and I looked at her.

"Jake called me," I started. Avery's eyes went wide.

"What did he say?" She asked.

"He told me that he was going to make me pay for putting him in jail," I said letting a few more tears escape my eyes.

"I don't know what to do!" I cried. Avery pulled me into a hug as I cried into her shoulder.

"Everything will be okay, I'll keep you safe." She whispered.

"I don't want to fall into depression again. I almost took my life because of him." I cried even more.

"If that bastard even dares come near you I will rip his penis off!" Avery said. I laughed.

"There's that smile I love, look at me." She said. I looked at her, as told.

"I will protect you. Ava you are like a sister to me and if someone messes with you, they mess with me. I won't let him touch you. Okay?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"Know let's go to sleep, we have school tomorrow." She said rolling her eyes. We got into the covers and I turned off the lights. (Their friends so sleeping in the same bed isn't weird, we've all done it before)

"I love you Ava," Avery said with a yawn.

"I love you too, Avery!" I smiled then slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

The next day I woke up and got ready for school. I decided to wear a black dress with black and white converse. Avery wore a blue blouse with shorts and black converse.

"Don't worry, Ava, I'll be with you" Avery said before we walked out of my room.

"Thank you," I said hugging her.

"Your welcome! Now let's go before we're late," She smiled. We went down stairs and got an apple. Then we walked out to my car and drove to school.