Chapter twenty-five

"Tell me grandma." She replied, "afterall they do say,the truth is bitter but it must be told. And I rather know the truth than live in confusion because I am too scared to face it."

"That's a woman right there." The lady smiled.

She took a deep breath, preparing hereself to speak.

"Your father was owing Stollo some drug money. It was a huge sum, he used to work for Stollo but he stole a lot too. Could never keep his hands off the drugs. His time to pay was due, and he was willing to give up his wife and daughter to clear his debts." Grandma paused, sighed and puckered her lips slightly.

"So.... They took you and your mother. The men had you shipped off with some trafficked girls they used to transport drugs and all other things they did. Your mother however, seemed to have captured Stollo's heart. Stollo did have two wives before her, I could never really understand that man. He was going to kill her but spared her life and brought her home, she refused though. She said she rather die.

She didn't want to live a life without her daughter. I feel terrible because there was nothing I could to help her. Stollo threatened to have you drowned into an ocean if she doesn't behave herself. He had divorced one of his wives in the past, Stephano and Stephanie's mother. And the other died, she was the first wife, got killed in a shoot out. Your mother was a nanny at first, she had to take care of the children, and she did that just excellently. She was so close to them, she became their mother. She would only smile to them and attend to them. To all of us else, especially Stollo, her eyes were full of hatred and despite. She hated us all, but she took the children as her own. Stollo loved her, but she hated him. He offered to marry her, she refused. She said she rather die, because she knew her daughter wasn't in a good place. Stollo might have brought you to her to ease her heart since he claimed to love her so madly. But he didn't, either he was stubborn or couldn't find you, didn't even know if you were alive. Because you were so young when you got taken, you would have died of abuse and trauma if not several illnesses their business could cause. Your mother never stopped hating us for a day. She ran out the house severally, but Stollo always found her. Stephano was sixteen at the time and Stephanie was ten, when she died.
He was ten when she begun to stay with us though, they loved her a lot. Especially Stephano. I just hope she will forgive us. And you too child, it won't be easy. But you should try. And it is better if Stollo doesn't know you have found out, he might do something drastic to you." Grandma warned, seriously. She stood up from the bed.

"You better eat up. The food is getting cold." She left. Leaving Ariana to stare into thin space, trying to gather her thoughts.

She turned her gaze to the window where the sky was dark and the light of the moon shone down on the marbel floors of the compound.

She didn't know how to feel. Vengeful? Sad?

He hear throbbed with pain and misery.

She didn't want to eat, she didn't know if to hate the old woman or be thankful to her.

A knock came on her door. "Come in." She answered.

The door was pushed open immediately. Stephano walked in, he was holding wine and two glass cups in his hands.

He closed the door behind him. She uncurled her legs, comporting herself.

He grabbed the chair by her table, he sat.
He starred at her, she starred back. She didn't see pity or sadness in his eyes, she was glad, she hated such looks.

"I thought you might want to drink it off." He poured some of the drink into the glass. Offering it to her. He poured himself one too.

She took it from him, she gulped it down immediately.

"Why do you care?" She asked.

"I never said I cared." He narrowed his eyes at her. He smirked just after, "I have been there before."

She poured herself another this time, gulping it down.

"You have been where exactly?" She asked, anger burning up in her chest. 
She was trying her best to calm down.

She took another glass.

"Alone. Lost. Inbetween angry and sad." He answered, gulping his down too.

He watched her pour herself another glass.

"Take it easy kitten." He smirked, "don't want last night scene two."

She rolled her eyes at him.

She was starting to feel the effects already.

"I have seen worse Stephano." She spoke, sincerely.

He froze for a moment when she brought her fingers to her top. She pulled it off her body swiftly in one motion.

"Woah, so fast?" He laughed.

He starred at her plump chest, covered underneath the black lace bra.

She shifted on the bed. Turning her back to him.

He starred at the scars, the lines of a whip on her back. He felt cold. Who would have done that to her?

"Your father Stephano.... This is from being abducted by your father's men, because of the debts my useless father owed." She spat, anger dripping in her voice.

"I struggled to live, without a mother, lost, starved, totoured, whipped and forced to do nasty things you wouldn't imagine a little girl of my age doing. While you were here, living the golden life and getting all the love my mother could offer." She spoke painfully. She sighed, and then she laughed, a sarcastic laugh.

Stephano just stared, "and I got out of there, a year before she died." She finished.

They sat in silence for another while.

She poured herself another drink. Gulping it down. Stephano tried his best to focus, he was sorry but he couldn't do anything about it, nothing will change what she had been through.

She was still in just her lace bra and her jean pants. He tried his hardest not to stare but he couldn't. He felt himself get deeply aroused by the sight of her, with her hair roughened up, her upper half almost bare and her plump lips opening and gulping down the alcohol.
He knew she must be drunk already, not caring more or less about how she is dressed.

He decided to stop her. He stood from the chair, grabbing the bottle from her hand.
She gasped.

"That's enough kitten." He mused.

"No, give it back." She stood from her bed, walking up to him. Her eyes were droopy and her lips wet with the drink.
She walked up to him, shirtless. She held unto his shirt, reaching for his raised hand where he held the bottle.
She groaned, he was too tall.

He held back a moan as she was so close to him, her soft boobs pressed into his chest as she tried failingly to grab the bottle. Her lips pouted.

He gazed at her, willing himself to have some control.

All thoughts of control left him as soon as she grabbed his shirt tighter, pulling him closer. She gazed momentarily into his eyes, they looked at each other, knowing they both wanted what was coming. She suddenly pressed her lips down on his, capturing his lower lip. He moaned into her mouth, letting his hand down.

She immediately grabbed the bottle, pulling out of this kiss.

She giggled as he stood there in shock, arousal and amazement.

Suddenly she realized what she had done. Her eyes widened and her lips fell open.

"Oh God, I shouldn't have done that. I am sorry." She gushed, sadness and guilt filling her eyes.

"Ariana no, I..." He walked towards her.

"No Stephano.... I am sorry. Just go, please." She pleaded.

He nodded his head lightly, turned and left the room, closing the door behind him.