Chapter fifty-four

A/N: Here is the third update just because I love you guys and wouldn't want to leave you hanging 😄.

The door slammed open and the old woman strutted in with the two men behind her, holding torches in their hands. Her blood ran cold as she lay her eyes on the girl.

"Is she dead?" One of the men behind her asked.

"We should check." She mumbles before she begins to walk towards her skeptically, she stops to look at the girl's pale face. My grandson will never forgive me. She thinks to herself, but this is for the best.

She raised her hand and reached to check the girl's pulse but halts as someone strides into the room panting. "We are under attack!" The man yelled causing the two other men to grab their guns and become alert, their eyes widening a bit and their heart beat increasing as adrenaline coursed through them.

"Is she dead already?" One of the men ask her.

She fearfully reaches foward and checks the girl's pulse then she turns to them sharply and nods her head. One of the men, grab her hand and start moving.

"Let's go, let's go, your son is waiting for you." He hollers,  pulling the old woman out of the room and down the stairs, the gunshots outside become louder and she finds her heart pounding wildly in her chest as they pull her out of the room hurriedly, too fast for her old, short legs to keep up.

"We need to hurry." The man yells as the walk through the building, heading for the back where the sound of the gunshots lessen.

Their plight is interrupted as they hear a gun go off behind them, and the man holding the old woman goes down. The two men and the old woman turn, their heart beating frantically and they are met with the cold, determined blue eyes of her grandson. Their eyes widen and the two men pull out their gun, but they are too slow, he shoots them both immediately, and they fall to the ground with their eyes open in death.

Grandma raises her hands in the air, looking at Stephano with wide eyes. He simply glares at her, his gun pointed to her. He looks disheveled, his hair is wild and uncombed, his eyes have some dark circles forming beneath them but his cold menacing glare makes chills run down the old woman's spine.

"Stephano." She speaks, her hands still held up surrender. "You wouldn't do this would you?"

He doesn't speak, he continues to stare back at her with his cold glare.

"You wouldn't kill your own grandmother, you don't have it in you, do you?" She speaks, the mocking tenderness of her voice causing his anger to grow.

"Where is she?" He growls, ignoring her aggravating remarks.

"So you care for her? I wouldn't have through all this of I know you did." She smiles, a sly, cunning smile that tells him she knew all along that he had feelings for her.

"Let's not waste time here." He walks closer to her. "Tell me where she is and I might just spare you."

"You would choose of her over me?" She frowns as he approaches.

"And you will choose a life of drugs and threats over me and my happiness?" He retorted harshly, his voice rising a few octaves higher.

"I am doing what's best for you son, you have to believe me." She replied calmly.

"Just the way my father was doing what's best for me by depriving me of his love?" He barked at her.

"Yes."

He turned sharply, hearing the cold all too familiar voice behind him. And now a gun is pointed at him too by the man standing just a few feet away from him, the man he assumed dead, the man he had grown to hate, no other man but his father, Stollo. The two men stood, glaring daggers at each other with their guns pointed at each other.

"I told you son, I warned you against the dangers of falling for a woman, now look what you got us all into." His father said, his voice oddly calm.

"No, this is what you got us all into." Stephano spat. "If you just loved your children more than drugs, we wouldn't be living this dreadful life."

"Watch your tongue son, unlike you, I do not have a heart and I would blow off your head if you aggravate me further than you already have, so you can go join your bitch." His father warned, his icy cold eyes spoke of nothing but dread, and deep down, Stephano knew this pyschotic man wasn't bluffing. Anger burned in his heart at the same time sorrow did, his father's words rang in his head again repeatedly and he knew what than meant, Ariana was gone.

"Kill me then, I will rather die than live knowing I am the son of a mad man." He growled, veins popping out of his neck in anger, and he dropped his gun, ready to die than face this burning sorrow that found its way through his veins.

Anger like no other burned in Stollo's veins to be spoken to with such disrespect, it clouded his judgement and fire blazed in his icy eyes.
"Very well then." He grinned, a sinsister smile and he moved the gun to his son's head.

A loud scream was heard startling both men before the gunshot was heard. Stephano's eyes widened as the sound of the gunshot filled his ears, his lips fell open and the wind was knocked out of him as the scene unfolded.

Stollo fell to his knees with a shocked look, and his bloodshot eyes widened as they gawked at the woman who pulled the trigger.
She stood there, looking at him with tear filled eyes and the gun in her two hands still pointed at him. He clenched his stomach where he had been shot and grunted, pain and dizziness threatening to overwhelm him. His gaze turned to his son, who gawked at him with tears lining his eyes, and spite. His lips curved upwards into a sinister smile and he took his last breath his empty eyes still wide open.

Grandma wailed now, it was an agonizing cry before she fell to the ground, dropping the gun in her hands. Stephano quickly held unto her, his eyes softening as he realized what she has done, but she didn't have to.

"Go Stephano, I am sorry. Go to her before her time runs out, you need to take her to the hospital, last I checked, she was still breathing." The old woman looked at her grandson with tear filled eyes, pouring out as much love as she could through her gaze. She felt liberated now, she felt sad and sorrowful, she had just killed her son to save her grandson, and the rest of grandchildren, as a mother, she was deeply hurt and sorrow ran through her at the loss of her only son, but she couldn't regret it now, she only regretted letting her grandchildren get caught up in all of this, for their childhood being ruined by this man she called her son, a man who knew not how to love a living thing, a man who would kill his own son, this man who killed a woman he claimed to love, the woman who was like a mother to his children.

Stephano sprinted up the stairs, his tears blurring his vision and his heart beating louder than it ever had in his entire life. He slammed the the open with great force and the sight in the room tore his heart to a million pieces, he ran to her, fear coursing through his heart and crawling through his skin. He was too afraid to check her pulse, he pulled out the knife in his pocket, cutting the ropes around her limp body and lifting her in his arms. Her eyes were closed and her clothes had patches of blood, he sprinted down the stairs with her in his arms, screaming at the men to get a car. He could barely think straight now, all he knew was he couldn't lose her, he wouldn't live with himself if he did.

Non lasciarmi il mio mondo, la mia vita sarà piena di oscurità se lo fai.
He prayed as he got into the car with her.

(Don't leave me my world, my life will be full of darkness if you do)