#36 Double Double

Now that Imperfection was a thing, Babo and his crew had to figure out how to bend the pipe that made uglies to pop in at (formerly) Perfection. It took weeks of plans and labor, but they managed make Imperfection the main hub for all dolls. This left Uglyville as more of an obsolete hangout.

The Council (Ox to represent the uglies, Lucky Bat as the voice of reason, Kitty to represent the pretty dolls, and Lydia as the final vote.) decided that it was best to close off Uglyville entirely, closing off their past and starting a new chapter of their lives as a united doll-topia. Lou, now reformed and more accepting of the uglies, volunteered to close off the pipe, as a symbol of him changing for the better. 

"Y/n dear, can you help me out with this?" Lou called from inside the pipe.

"Coming!" you replied, rolling up your sleeves and climbing inside.

You had known Lou when he was still leader, and how he had drastically changed over time. You were his assistant of sorts, helping him get better as a doll and sorta kinda dated him in the process. Yep life just couldn't be better.

Until that blasted bell.

A sudden bell rang ominously that alerted the entire town of its presence. Lou seemed to be the only one to know what that bell meant. His eyes widened as he pulled out out of the pipe and towards the source of the ringing. He shoved past the dolls and gave quick apologies, with you hot in pursuit.

"Lou what's going on?!" You gasped and nearly tripped.

"Something that shouldn't be happening! The machine must be broken or something!" Was all he yelled.

A crowd had begun to form around the strange machine. Everyone thought it was from some old recalled doll maker that was glitching, so they held their distance. Well, they were half right.

A laughter seemed to echo inside the machine, and steam was beginning to come out of the door. Lou ordered everyone to stay back, which they obeyed instantly. Even though he was no longer leader, you couldn't deny he still had the captain's voice that the others relied on.

The door to the old machine rumbled for a few moments before popping off, slamming Lou to the ground and everyone to a standstill.

"Finally! About time I made it out here." A figure laughed and walked out of the smoke.

"Who are you?" You stepped back at the smiling figure. He laughed and did a little dance before grabbing your hand and placing a quick kiss on it.

"Why, I'm the new Lou. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He looked up at you and winked.

~~~should I stop? This seems like a great cliffhanger~~~~~~~~~

You were dumbfounded, with mouth agape. Kneeling in front of you was Lou, with a white blazer and hair slicked to the side. He also had a small rose pinned to his blazer pocket but besides that it very much looked and sounded like Lou.

A small cough was heard that snapped you out of your daze. You pulled your hand away and helped your Lou to his feet. Everyone gasped at the sight in front of them. There was Lou, leaning against you for support against getting SLAMMED BY A METAL DOOR, and Lou, smirking at the crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok Ok hold on lemme get this straight. I'm you?" The new Lou pointed to the one next to you. Ox decided that you should try to talk to the new Lou about...everything. Lou nodded and folded his arms in front of his chest. White tux Lou stood from his seat and walked around him, trying to see what was so great about the first one.

The main defining trait in your Lou was clothing. He had long since gotten rid of his black blazer, keeping a dirty white button up and the black trousers held up by brown suspenders. Gave him an 'authentic' look. His hair was also no longer forced to the side, but had a more casual and ruffled look, his cheeks still had some dirt from working inside the pipe.

"But I'm clean! And have this suit! And yourrrr-"

"Please don't." 

"sooooo-"

"I know, don't say it."

"....not-

"I'm begging you."

 "perfect?"

"There it is." Your Lou covered his face and sighed. You patted his shoulder in reassurance and glared at the new Lou.

Ok so this has got to be one of my shortest chapters ever and I am for sure making a part 2. New Lou (Lou 2.0) belongs to @eckcro (did i spell that right?) on Instagram.

Remember you are loved <3