Prologue

PROLOGUE

In high school, girls never really liked me. Partially because I lived in Omaha, Nebraska, which is obviously the hometown of the boys Sammy Wilkinson, Jack Gilinsky, Jack Johnson and Nate Maloley. I moved to Omaha freshman year as the shy girl who never spoke. Which is still pretty accurate, but when I moved to Westside high, the boys kind of took me under their wings. Honestly, those boys made my high school years tolerable. But due to me being the only girl that was close the boys, I got a lot of hate. Not only from the girls that went to my school that were very fond of the boys, but girls from the Internet as well. A lot of their fans loved me, but a lot hated me and were jealous of me, too.

However, it’s been 7 months since I’ve seen any of them. They’ve been on tour with all the other boys from vine; Cameron Dallas, Nash Grier, Matthew Espinosa, Aaron Carpenter, Carter Reynolds, Taylor Caniff, Shawn Mendes. I’ve only gone to two of the events, and they were both at the beginning of the tour. The boys flew me out there because they really wanted me to experience it with them. And when I wasn’t able to be there, they would facetime me constantly, fighting over who gets to hold the phone. I got really close to all the boys, that’s when everything got screwed up. The boys I went to high school with got jealous because I was trying my best to hangout with all of them, they all sort of flirted with me, but I couldn’t date any of them. So I just left. The last event I went to was 7 months ago, and I left in the middle of the night because I just couldn’t take the bickering anymore. I never understood why they flirted with me or got jealous. I mean, maybe it was because they couldn’t really date or talk to any other girls due to their fans. Maybe they were desperate. Who knows?

All I know, is I regret it more than anything. They’re all off tour now, doing their own separate projects. I just watch behind a screen, but God, I miss them all so much. I should’ve never walked out that night.

After that night, I got a new phone, moved into an apartment in LA next to my soon-to-be-college. The boys eventually found my new number, they all have connections. They still call constantly, all of them. Trying to check up on me, make sure I’m okay. I’ve ignored them for months, and they still cared. I wonder what their life is like now, have they changed?

__

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing in my dark room, it’s the middle of the night. I squint my eyes as I pick up the phone with the lit up screen. The caller I.D. says unknown. 

Well, it’s not one of the fans, I changed my number, there’s no way they could’ve gotten it.

I’m too curious to not answer. 

“Hello?” I answer in a raspy voice, trying to wake up.

“Lilian? I knew you’d answer. Pack your shit. I’m coming to get you, and you’ll be staying a while,” It took me a second to know the stern, deep voice. But I could recognize that voice anywhere.

“Jack? It’s two in the fucking morning. Go to bed, I promise I’ll call in the morn-“

“No, I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. Stay right where you ar-shut the fuck up guysjust stay right where you are, don’t move.” He sort of yells into the phone, as I hear the boys in the background gasp and begin scream.

Before I’m able to reply to him and attempt to talk him out of coming to get me, he hangs up.

It takes me a minute to realize that this is reality, and Jack Gilinsky will be at my door in a matter of minutes.

Without hesitation, I get out of bed, and start to pack my bag. I pack a couple pairs of shorts, leggings, t-shirts (most being the boys’), a toothbrush, a couple books (of course), my makeup bag. I know I’m forgetting a ton of stuff, but I just grab everything that comes to mind. After pacing around the room, I look in the mirror on my wall. I look like a wreck. Oh well, they’ve seen me at my worst. I finally sit down for the first time in at least ten minutes. I look at the clock,

He could be here any secon-

I hear a single ring at my door.

He’s here.