Part 12

PART 12

“I need to talk to you.”

I say bye to Matt, as Gilinsky pulls me away by my wrist,walking us towards the crashing waves hitting the shore. //

We continue walking after he lets go of my wrist. He walks a little faster than me, considering I’m buzzed and he’s pissed.

After walking far away from the boys, losing sight of them and the fire pit in the distance, he finally stops walking.

We both sit down, close to the shore, staring at the waves. I hear the water slowly crashing against the sand, and the wind is barely blowing into my hair. I can almost taste the salt water. The moon is reflecting off the water, illuminating the night.

“I’m tired of pretending,” he says to me, still looking out into the water.

I look at him with confusion, even though I know damn well what he’s talking about.

“What are you talkin-“

He interrupts me with turning his face away from looking at the water to look at me, cupping my face in his hands, pulling me into a kiss. His soft, plump lips kiss me harder than I’ve ever been kissed before, yet so gently. We sit still, our lips still connected for a second longer, not wanting it to end.

He releases from our kiss, letting on hand fall off my face, and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I still love when he does that.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t feel anything,” he says softly, rubbing the side of my face with his thumb.

My heart skipped two beats when he kissed me, of course I felt it.

I reach to grab one of his hands to hold, we’re sitting facing each other with crossed legs.

“Jack, I feel everything. I want you just as bad, okay? But you know-“

He interrupts again to say,

“Then what’s stopping you? You can have anything you want. You could have all of us at once, literally. Of course I would fucking care- I mean you don’t know how bad it fucks me up seeing you with Matt- but at least I would have you, too. That’s all I want. I want you. I want every single damn part of you, Lilian. Even if that means that Matt has you, too. You have no fucking idea what you do to me.”

I see him look down at our hands, fidgeting with the ring he gave me.

Still speechless, I try to think of how to respond.

“I’m afraid, okay? I see the way girls look at you. You win them over just by looking at them; I don’t want to be like the rest, I know that-“

He keeps interrupting me.

His eyes immediately look up and his eyebrows furrow.

“You’re the opposite of the rest, babygirl. Let me tell you something,” he moves to sit behind me, holding me, letting me lay my head against his chest.

He continues, “While you were gone, I tried. I tried to feel the same for other girls, none of them were you. I went days without sleep, not knowing where you were, who you were with; it fucking killed me. I was constantly so high on drugs, to the point where I was numb. All I wanted was you.”
I stand up, and pull him up by his hand.

“You have me, you’ve always had me. Why do you think I can’t fall asleep without you?”

He looks at me, and pulls me in for a tight hug.