Chapter 1: Hurt

Narrator's POV -

Dipper and Stanford were spending a lot more time with one another, solving stuff and exploring. Mabel felt left out so she decided to go see Dipper.

Mabel's POV-

"Hey Dipper, whatcha doin?" I asked putting my hands behind my back as I looked over his shoulder.

"Um stuff....mumble mumble mumble..." He muttered to himself staring intently at journal number 3.

"Oh ok well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out.....Dipper?" I asked really wanting to spend time with him.

"Hmm later." Dipper replied not really listening, I could tell.

'Why can't he just leave that stupid book alone for once?' I thought. "Dipper why don't you put the book down and-"

"Why don't you get it! I'm busy.." I was cut off by Dipper yelling at me.

"Please-" I started before 'SLAP' Before my brother could process what he did, I went wide eyed and stared at him repulsed. I made a quick decision and ran.

'He hit me?? Ow!' I thought to myself while crying out loud. I ran upstairs and out the front door.

"Wait Mabel!" I heard before I slammed the door shut and ran out into the dark forest.

Dipper's POV-

'Why am I so stupid?! She going to be mad for a little bit then she'll be fine...right??' I thought as I tried reassuring myself.

I noticed Stan standing right next to me. "Ah......" He surprised me.

"What's up with her?" Stan asked me taking a sip of whatever was in his mug.

What was I supposed to say.

"Well she was annoying me and I guess I got a little mad." I replied not wanting to look at him.

"What'd you do?" He asked Stone faced, sipping from his mug again.

"What makes you imply that?......I hit her." I admitted in defeat still staring at the floor.

"1 thing you should never do to women is make them angry, they'll tare you limb from limb. Oh! My show's on. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" He stated walking into the living room to sit down.

'Is he watching baby fights?' I thought kinda weirded out. 'Why does that show even exist?'

Mabel's POV-

I ran into the forest and sat under a nearby tree. I started crying more so to muffle the sound I put my head down on my knees.

It felt as if I had been crying for hours but it was just a few minutes.

I took a deep breath and felt a cool breeze pick up, it made a shiver go down my spine. The wind was the last thing in my mind, out of nowhere I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

'What?' I thought feeling paralyzed as I quickly straightened up. I looked around because I felt as if I was being watched.

"Well if it isn't my little shooting star. What're you doing?" Bill's voice echoed in my ears, almost like he was right next to me.

"Nothing...wait Bill??" I was startled, I fell backwards agasing the tree because I tried to stand up and my ankles gave out. Thankfully I caught myself with my right hand before I hit my head.

I closed my eyes due to the sudden impact of me stopping myself, but upon opening them I was this yellow looking person in front me.

My back was pressed up against the tree and my fingers dug into the bark. "Hmm....maybe this would help." He called out.

I think he noticed I was scared of him, I mean who wouldn't be?! "Woah, wait what?!" He turned into a human!

"What's wrong shooting star?" He smirked devilishly as he sat down on the ground on his feet, he was only a few feet away from me.

"I didn't know you could do that." I was in awe and was so busy examining Bill that I didn't notice Dipper calling for me.

"Well guess that's my cue Shooting Star." He stated as he disappeared into think air.

"Wait!" I yelled looking up and all around.

I called out to him once more and he reappeared. "Can I see you again?" He just smirked then left again.

"There you are. We need to talk about what happened." He bent over huffing like he had run a marathon, he stood up straight and scratched his neck looking me dead in the eyes.

I got up without saying a word and walked passed him headed towards the Mystery Shack.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, so I went straight up to my room without eating dinner.

Morning rolls in and I had woken up early. 'Hmm let's see if I can go back to sleep.' I thought.

-10 minutes later-

I was still awake so I just laid there staring at my wall.

I must have dozed off cause the next thing I could remember was Stan calling for me.

The sun was shining through the attic window, very brightly mind you. 'Too bright!' I groaned into my pillow.

I didn't get dressed because it was just breakfast with my family, I got out of bed and headed down to Kitchen. "Hey pumpkin." Stan announced smiling.

"Morning Gruncle Stan." I tiredly say taking a seat at the table.

"Pancakes! Vola." He said while plopping a few on the plate in front of me. I have a small smile.

"Thanks." I said grabbing the fork.

He walks off with a cup of coffee in hand and went to sit in the living room to watch tv or something.

I grab the syrup and start pouring some on my pancakes. I kinda dozed off a bit so I had a lot on my pancakes. Just as I was about to take the first bite Dipper walks in looking terrible.

"Hey Mabel, so about how I acted yesterday-" He started but was I cut him off.

"It's fine....I forgive you. I shouldn't have been bothering you while you were lost in thought." I said with no emotion to my words as I ate my pancakes.

"Wait really? Just like that." Dipper questioned my decision looking confused.

"Yes, pancakes are getting cold." I said gesturing to the pancakes on the counter.

I finish eating and put my dishes into the sink, then head upstairs. I get dressed and head back downstairs where I see Dipper again, still at the table eating mind you.

"You wanna hang out today? I thought we could-" He started.

"That's fine. I've got stuff to do today, see ya." I say leaving him at the table.

Closing the door behind me I run into the forest again to try and see if I could find Bill again.

Words: 1144

Let me know if you like this story or want me to write others like this.