Chapter 2: Searching

Mabel's POV -

In the forest I searched for 2 hours, but still nothing. "Aww why? 'Huff' guess I'll just take a quick cat nap. All that walking around for me all tired..." I fell asleep with my hood up underneath a large tree.

I must've woken up because I felt a weird cold sensation go throughout my body. I open my eyes and see Bill floating in front of me. "Bill!" I shout surprisingly and happily.

Bill's POV-

When I left Mabel that day, I went back to my dream dimension. It was boring without anyone to talk to, so I skipped time ahead to the next day.

I entered Gravity Falls again, since it was early in the morning there was no mischief to be caused yet.

I'm evil but not the evil. Everyone needs to sleep. Not me though heh...

I floated around in the forest not thinking about any consequences, I was also looking for stuff to do.

I spied a giant one eyed monster.

"Boring." Next was Bigfoot.

'Sigh.'

Then there was the mulibear. "There's nothing to do!" I shout in frustration.

'Why did I come back here again?' I thought relaxing my eye and placing my hands on my face.

I must've lost track of time cause it was already light out when I opened my eye.

I headed back to the stupid tourist trap and decided to look around for Mabel. Why not, right? She's actually interesting.

I didn't see her inside, all I saw was pinetree. I made all his sheets on his bed come off and wrap him up.

'Stupid kid.' I laughed out loud.

There was really nothing at the stupid shack so I decided to head into town? But before I could I spotted something out of the ordinary.

I floated down to it and found a sleeping Mabel, I switched to my human form and floated in front of her.

As I did this she started opening her eyes.

She shouted my name which to be honest, startled me a little. "You came back!" She had the warmest smile I had ever seen someone make towards me.

It made me feel, warm inside.

Normally I would just scare people or trick them for fun, but I didn't feel like doing any of that with her. She was too...ah what's that word...special!

"So shooting star, how come you wanted to see me so badly?~ hmm~" I hummed a smirked.

"Well I guess I just wanted someone to talk to....Oh! I have a question though. It may seem like an odd question, but how old are you?"

"Odd question, but I guess I'm around 100 years old, give or take." I answered with a bit of a lie.

I decided to lay down with my head resting on my hands, being on the ground was much easier cause floating like this took a little bit out of me.

"Okay, I didn't know you could transform into this. What else can you do?" She had gestured to my human form taking her hands out of her arm sleeves.

To be frank, I found the little things like that to be quite cute. I smiled.

"Well let's see, I don't like this form as much as I do the other one. It's no fun when they see you committing murder. Otherwise, I only have 2 forms." I said laying on my stomach kicking my legs back and forth unknowingly.

"I like it...." She whispered that part, but I heard it. I decided not to pester her. Then out of the blue she started giggling.

"Haha." She laughed aloud.

"Hmm, what's so funny?" I asked tilting my head slightly.

"Your legs. You look like a school girl talking to someone about some gossip they've heard." She said with a smile.

"Huh? Oh ya...." I stopped swinging my legs kinda feeling a little embarrassed.

'Wait why do I feel like this?? I'm a demon! I don't get embarrassed!....sigh Shooting Star what're you doing to me?' I thought to myself.

"Why do you call me 'shooting star' and not my name?" She asked, I turned to face her.

"What, you don't like name 'shooting star' what do you want me to call you then?" I asked questioning her response.

"It-" she started but was interrupted by that stupid man.

"Mabel are you out here?" Stanford yelled. I heard Pinetree too, I would've cared so much but they were heading in our direction.

'Damnit....'

"Hmm, party crashers." I hummed.

"Tell you what! I will be here tomorrow at 10am, if you want to see me again then you'll know where to look. That's only if you want to. ^•^ See you around....Mabel." I turned back into my triangle form again and disappeared from view.

Mabel's POV-

'Omg, he just said my name??'

I felt so giddy and couldn't stop smiling so I hid my face in my pink sweater for a couple of seconds.

I then got up and walked towards ford and Dipper. "Oh there you are, you wanna come exploring with us?" Ford asked me.

"Um sure." I half smiled and walked with them to the truck of their exploration.

Bill's POV-

Back in my dream dimension.

'Did I really just call her that?? I didn't notice I said that....Why'd I just now catch it?' I thought to myself crossing my arms.

I then suddenly felt off, I felt dizzy and something in my body was shaking rapidly. 'What the?'

'My heart?' I thought very confused.

'Wait a minute. Is my heart actually beating quicker or am I just going crazy!' I thought staring off at nothing in particular.

I couldn't believe it, my heart was beating super quickly for some odd reason.

Well not super quickly but quicker then what I used to call 'normal.'

"Why?" I think to myself out loud.

Words: 1001

If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it! I'm always open to constructive criticism. :)