Chapter 9: Invitation

Narrator's POV -

One cool summers morning Mabel had woken up early.

Mabel's POV -

'Ugh....Huh....wha...oooo.' I huff and groan in my head as I turn around in my bed.

I tried falling back to sleep but I couldn't. 'Well, guess I'm up now.' I complain.

I lay on my back and stare up at ye ceiling then I hear it. 'Rain?' I think as I sit up and turn around to look out my window.

It was in fact, raining. Not very hard but hard enough. It then dawned on me.

"Cold." I weakly say, shivering and hiding back under the covers. I stayed like that for a few minutes but I was still cold.

'I mean I could.....no, no Mabel! You can't just go over there and ask to sleep next to him cause you're cold......well, maybe...' I slightly blush at the thought of being next to him again.

Waddles was sleeping, he had taken all the covers so I guess I didn't have a choice. Hehe.

I get up out of bed and sluggishly walk over to his room. Before I knock I hesitate. 'Should I really do this?'

I knock anyways. 'He's probably sleeping? What've I done?! Oh no...' I think the worst but it was the opposite.

He comes to open the door just moments after I knock.

"Shooting Star? What is it?" He asks tiredly.

'Maybe he's still sick?' I think.

"Oh right, Waddles took over my bed and blankets, so could I um stay with you?" I ask arms still crossed cause I'm cold.

He nods. "Sure." He states opening the door more for me to walk in.

I walk in feeling my heart beating much faster. He gets into bed, as do I. He first faces away from me.

"Bill." I say, he hummed.

"How're you feeling? You still don't look too good...." I ask, he turns over to face me.

"Mmm....yeah. I mean I'm trying to figure out why I feel like this, but I honestly don't have a clue." He says closing his eyes a little.

"But you look sick." I say again.

He smiled. "Well if in that sick then why'd you come in here then?" He asks with a slight chuckle followed by a smirk.

"Well I uh was cold, that's it." I say making a pouty face.

He closes his eyes. "Sorry, I'll shut up now." I say closing my eyes facing the same direction as him.

"It's okay...Shooting..Star...." Was the last thing I understood before he stopped talking.

"Good night Bill." I say smiling and closing my eyes to sleep.

In the morning I felt quite warm, warmer then I had been the previous night.

I slowly open my eyes and notice that  I'm in the other direction. 'Aw come on, I wanted to wake up to-' A blush creeps onto my face.

As I sit up, I turn around to see something I really wasn't expecting. It was Bill....he had his arms around my waist.....'oh my god!' I think deepening my blush.

'What if he wakes up? What do I do now?? Huh, did he just move?' A million thoughts rushed through my head, but they were soon interrupted by a quiet giggle.

"Huh?" I say aloud. "Bill?"

He slowly opens his eyes and reveals a smile has had been hiding.

"Sorry Shooting Star, I couldn't resist." He said with a chuckle. I just looked down at him dumbstruck. 'He was aware this entire time?'

"How long have you been awake for?" I ask.

"Um, no more then 20 minutes I think." He takes his arms back and sits up too.

"Hungry?" He asks getting out of bed.

I nod.

"Well what do you want this morning?" He asks me with a genuine smile, it was a warming welcoming one.

"Hmm, pancakes?" I suggest.

"Alright, pancakes it is." He walks out of the room and into the kitchen to start making the food.

I decided to get out of bed too, I had to take a shower and get dressed for the day.

After my shower I go into my room to get changed, closing the door behind me I smile to myself.

'Oh Mabel, you've don't it haven't you? You've fallen for an interdenominational demon.

But he's hot.

I don't care that he's hot, he's still a demon!

But a hot one.' I argue in my head while dressing up.

"Foods ready!" I hear as I pull down my shirt.

"Coming!" I shout back walking out of my room to hang up my damp towel in the bathroom.

"Hey. Looks good." I say excited to try it.

As we were eating I remembered something. "Ofph myi." I say suddenly.

Bill gives a confused look. I swallow my food. "Sorry, but I just remembered something really important."

"Now what would that be?" He asked taking another bit of pancake.

"Ummm, about a few days ago." I struggle to find the right words. "There was a letter in the mail inviting us to a Mascaraed party. It's Pacifica's 18th birthday party." I say finishing my food and taking Bill's empty plate to the sink.

"Wait- You said, the two of us?"

I nod. "Yes, I guess she's seen us together at one point or another. Oh! It said on the card:

Dear Mabel

I'd like to inform and invite you of my 18th birthday party. It's at my home of Northwest Manor. Also, you can bring a friend if you do choose. By the way, it's a Mascaraed themed ball so don't forget to bring a mask.

P.S - You could bring that blonde guy, you two seen close. :)

"She called you 'that blonde guy.'" I said holding back a laugh.

"Great name, but I personally prefer 'Warlord.'" He and I both laughed at that.

"So, do you want to go with me?" I ask twirling back and forth.

"Um."

"Oh come on. It'll be fun! Just give it a try, for me." I say begging him with my puppy dog eyes.

"Sure. Why not?" He sounded a little unsure about his decision.

I walk over and hug him. "It'll be ok, you'll have me there with you." I say looking up at him and smiling.

"Well, if you say so. I trust you."

Words: 1057