Chapter 6: Running Away

-Morning-

Narrator's POV -

6:04am.

Stan opened his eyes and looked at the clock. He then sat up and stretched.

He got up and walked over to the bathroom. Upon hearing the bathroom door shut Mabel opened her eyes, she sat up and looked at Bill.

He was sound asleep. She got up and crept over to his bed, she was hesitant at first but then crawled over to him.

In his bed she sat up and looked at his face, it was beautiful in the morning sunlight. She blushed slightly wanting to brush the hair out of his face but she decided not to.

She laid down and hugged him from behind, well only placing her hands on his back. Closing her eyes she felt safe so she fell asleep once again.

Stan came out of the bathroom some time later to find that his spot had been taken by Mabel.

He signed and smiled scratching his back. He decided on going out to get some fresh air.

Standing outside with his arms on the cold side railing he got to thinking.

'She's growing up too fast.' He thought looking out at the parking lot seeing his breath in the cool morning air.

He went back into the room after standing outside for a good half hour, he then went to wake them up. "Wake up sleepyheads." Stan called out with his hands in his hips standing there proudly.

Bill groaned and turned over, only to his surprise there was a Mabel there not Stan. His eyes went a bit wide as he sat up and as he turned to look at Stan he was given a look, not as scary but....a look.

Mabel stretched in bed and then sat up to look around. She turned to look at Bill and smiled, he tiredly smiled back.

They all got ready for the day and when leaving the motel, the cool crisp air hit them like a shiver to the spine.

Bill didn't have a hair brush or other clothes so he look a little bit like a mess. He also looked as if he could fall asleep at any moment too.

Mabel stared at him for a little too long not realizing it. "Shooting Star, you okay?" Bill asked turning to look at her crossing his arms due to the cool morning air.

"I'm good. We-we uh should get going now." She stammered out walking passed him and to the stairs leading down to the parking lot.

In the truck Stan turned around to face both of them now sitting in the back.

"Listen you two....I gathered up enough money for us to have our own places so we don't have to live in a motel forever." Stan announced not sounding too happy.

"Wait. You said 'our own places' what do you mean by that?" Mabel asked petting waddles.

"Well-"

Thump

They both look over and see Bill pressed you against the window.

He had fallen asleep in the back, the thump was him hitting his head on the window. It wasn't very hard mind you.

"Anyway, you two will get your own place. I'm not coming with you, there's somewhere I have to go that's....far- away from here." Stan answered hesitating a little.

"Well wherever you're going, please be careful." She said hugging him from the back seat.

He then drove them to their new place, Bill had woken up. He yawned and looked around.

"Mornin." Mabel said cheerfully.

He smiled still not fully awake.

At there new place they got out and took their stuff.

Mabel waved Stan off as he drove out of town and out of sight. They turned around to see there new apartment.

"Well it looks like it's just you and me and waddles." She smiled trying to hold back tears.

"Let's go in." Bill stated talking her suitcase and backpack. She walked over to the door holding the key. She opened the door and they all walked in.

Mabel shut the door behind them. "Wow, it's all furnished." She stated walking around.

Bill took her suitcase and plopped it into a bed in the room.

Bill took note of the new place. There were 3 bedrooms all with a bed, a blanket, pillow and a dresser. In the living room was a couch, 2 small side tables, a small tv and a tv stand.

The kitchen had 2 chairs, a small fridge and a table.

Mabel walked into her room, well the room which Bill had put her suitcase on and sat down on the bed. She then started unpacking her stuff into the drawers.

Bill took the room across from hers. He laid down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling.

'How did things end up like this?' He asked himself. 'Not complaining but....wonder how she's doing?' He thought sitting up and looking across the hall to her room.

After unpacking her stuff she walked out of her room and into the kitchen.

She checked each cabinet and drawer. There was nothing except 2 plates, 2 forks and 2 glasses.

'We should go shopping for some supplies.' Mabel thought placing a finger on her lips.

"Bill." Mabel called out.

She heard nothing then footsteps coming closer, he turned the corner and stood in the kitchen. "Yes?" He asked looking at her still seemingly tired.

"We need to go shopping for some supplies." She simply said smiling a little.

He nodded his head smiling a little. "I agree, there's barely anything here but enough to get us started." He said looking around.

-That Night-

Mabel's POV -

That night was cold and awkward. I really wanted to be near him but I didn't know if I was going to be stepping boundaries or not.

'Argh! I want to be next to him...' She thought holding waddles close to her.

I just decided on not going and that I was just going to stay in my room.

Words: 1002