Chapter 11: Run Far Away

Bill's POV-

When ShootingStar started complaining about a pain in my right side, I start getting a bit worried. My worries came more to reality when she starts crying.

Tears falling down her face right before we left her friend, Pacifica's, manor. My heart drops and all I want is to protect her. I ask her to climb on my back as I notice that it's getting harder for her to walk.

"It's gonna be okay, ShootingStar."

When we leave the property, I instantly notice a presences following us.

I keep my cool and try not to freak her out.

She literally whimpering, holding onto me. I have no clue what going on...

"ShootingStar, does your side feel like it's getting bigger?" I ask, trying my best to know exactly what's happening. "Yes- ugh.....it hurts, it hurts Bill..." I hear her say. It breaks my heart that she's in so much pain.

I think for a few moment before responding, "I think it's your appendix. I don't want to freak you out, but I feel as if you should know..." I feel her grip on shoulders tighten as she lets out a sob.

"Okay."

I pick up the pace once I notice the presence getting closer and closer.

I just want to get her to safety before anything-

Narrator's POV -

A large object is thrown in front of Bill's path. He quickly glances back and sees someone whom he hasn't seen in awhile.

"Pinetree?" Bill scoffs. "The hell are you doing here? Ford with ya? Your fuck buddy!-" Dipper interrupts Bill by shooting a laser beam at him. "You're crazy! You'd rather risk hitting your own flesh and blood??"

Ford then walks out in front of Bill.

"Dammit....ShootingStar, can you still hear me?" he asks quietly. "...Yes...." she whispers. "I'm going to put you down, and once I do, I need you to run far away from me," he instructs as he places her on the ground. "Wh-"

"Now!" he loudly snaps at her.

She regains her footing at takes off running down the road, into town.

'I'm sorry ShootStar...I never wanted you to get caught up in this mess. How could I have known that you'd take a liking to me? How could I have known that I would take a liking to you. Hell- no one's ever shown me this much caring nature before. Goodbye, Mabel,' he thinks as he dodges another attack.

"You stay away from my granddaughter Bill! You sick demon!" Stanford shouts, taking his weapon and locking it onto Bill's body.

Bill smirks and puts his hands up in a oh-no-you-caught-me manor.

"Do you think this is a joke??" Dipper shouts, letting his emotions take over. "Calm yourself Dipper. He's just playing with you- tricking you!" Stanford reminds his grandson.

A cool breeze blows past them.

The fresh, crisp air of nighttime. Oh how Bill loves it. He's never outwardly admitted it to anyone before, and doesn't think he ever will...

Maybe...

"This is your end, demon," Stanford spits as he pulls the trigger to his weapon.

Time slows for a moment.

The leaves on the trees stop rustling, the cool breeze ceases to exist, everything just...stops.

"Well, well, PineTree," Bill states.

He's back to his triangle form.

"We waited too long!" Dipper shouts, taking a small step back to readjust his footing. "You still don't get it, do you?" the yellow demon asks, slowly floating down to meet Dipper's eyes. "You stay away from him, Bill!" The demon hears from behind him.

Technically, in this form, he can't get hurt by normal weapons. Hehe...

Bill lets a deep sign escape his...mouth? Wherever his voice is coming from. "It's tiring, you know....The sane thing keeps happening. You never listen Ford, and now you're teaching PineTree to act the same." He clicks his tongue over and over again.

Just as quickly as a human can blink, Bill can vanish.

Stanford and Dipper look all around themselves, but Bill is nowhere to be found.

"You never let me speak either."

A voice startles StanFord into jumping up in the air. Bill lets out a chuckle, "I was never going to hurt Mabel. She means a lot and I'm still trying ti figure all of that out-" Stanford takes a swing at Bill, but evidently misses.

"You'll say anything, Bill! You're an interdenominational demon for crying out loud!.....Just- leave my family alone and never come back!!" The crazy scientist shoots his weapon into the air.

One of the bullets manages to pierce Bill's triangle body.

It shocks the demon into accidental turning back to his human form. He clutched his arm.....

'Wet?....Am I- bleeding?? How did he-' his thoughts interrupted by a cold metal barrel to his forehead. "Times up for you, demon. Any last words?" Stanford asks with a smug look on his face.

Bill's frozen. He can't move nor can he speak.

'How did Stanford manage to design a weapon to- no....He must've bought- traded it? However he obtained it, that's not going to stop me!' he thinks. A snicker leaves his lips once he realizes.

"What's so funny?" Dipper asks, also pointing his weapon to Bill's head.

The demon insanely looks up at the almost adult Dipper, and opens his mouth, "you know. You missed one simple thing. I applaud you for all your efforts, but you missed one small detail," Bill explains. "What is-" Dipper is cut off by the air of something nearly missing his head.

The hat he still wears is now on the ground.

Both Stanford and Dipper look over into the woods and see a large being. "This is the last and only time that I'm helping you," a giant floating baby speaks loudly as it hovers out of the dark, deep forest and over towards the three of them.

Bill gets up and brushes himself off.

"Sorry I'm late- ow...." Mabel winces as she holds onto the baby's head. The baby then reaches up and gently pls es her on the ground.

"Mabel??" Dipper shouts in disbelief.