The right place to be

Chapter 5

I woke up, my heart beating fast. I leaned over my bed and puked over the floor. What a horrible dream, then everything came rushing back to me. I looked at the clock – 9:33 am Oooh crap! I’ve over slept. I jumped out of bed and cleaned up the mess as best as I could, but there was still a stain. Hopefully the cleaner would fix it after I had gone. Then a thought struck me – if I’m still alive by then that is, I shivered shaking it out of my head. I looked over at Fiery; he winked, so I knew for sure that everything that had happened was all true. In a split second he turned still as ever and completely blank, his ghost was gone.

I had an instinct to go to the library, like it was the right place to be. It felt like my dream wasn’t something made up inside my head but instead a vision of the past – a clue.

I gulped down some breakfast and hurriedly got ready. From what I understood I was pretty sure but not certain that the girl on the wall and the girl in the dream was the same person and the ghost that wanted to kill me… Fiona Brown. How could someone who looked so innocent turn into a murderer?

Town was close by so I walked. It didn’t take me long to find the library so once I was there I started searching for some answers in any books that included ghosts, haunted mansions and four leaf clovers. After a while of worried reading with no luck I gave up and headed over to the computer.

I typed Fiona Brown into Google, it came up with all these modern-day Fiona Brown’s until I scrolled down to the bottom and clicked on ’Fiona Brown: Biography’ (a mystery girl) it said as it’s subheading. When it finally loaded it also came up with an old black and white picture of her. Yep, definitely the right one.

It read… 

Fiona Brown was born in 1910 into a wealthy family. She lived in the Fallcinder Mansion, which her parents owned. She was an only child and attended Clarkesville Primary School and Clarkson College. It is said that was a very cheerful kind girl. She also loved to dance especially classical ballet and was extremely talented at it too. In her late teens she had a hip injury and it was never the same again. So when she auditioned for the Australian Ballet at the age of 19 she was clearly good enough but they wouldn’t let her in because of her hip injury. From this she became very sad and one day she was found dead in her own house with a broken neck and severe bleeding. Nobody knows how she died but it was guessed that she fell from the top of her staircase to the next floor down. It is unsure if her death was either accidental or suicidal, it was left a mystery. Fiona’s body was buried in the cemetery next to the Fallcinder Mansion.

Wow well that explains everything and the dream. A thought struck me! I just realized we were both quite similar like we were both dancers and close in age. I just hope I don’t end up dying like she did. I also knew her death was accidental because in the dream I could tell from her face she didn’t know where she was going when she was dancing. This was all good information so now I understood everything about her but I still didn’t know the answers to save myself.

At the bottom there was a link – ‘The ghost of the four leaf clover’ I clicked on it. It said:

The ghost of the four-leaf clover

She will haunt you down

She is armed with the clover tipped spear

If it enters your flesh

Your human life will end

And you will be a white shadow of yourself forever.

The only way to let yourself free

Is to follow the clover trail of the clover leaves

At the end you will find the one and only-

One containing pure luck

Plunge it into her heart

Before she gets to you

Then you will both be truly happy

Yes! I think I’ve finally found my answer, I almost felt relieved. I checked my watch. 12:30, I’ve still got a lot of time, I printed out the poem and then decided to eat out and analyse everything and figure out the what exactly it is that I need to do.

____________________________________

Yo Peeps! How do you think the story is coming along? Also Happy B-day to my twin brothers Lachlan   ( @basketballer_44 ) and Marcus (who is going to make his wattpad account tomoz) hehe xD. Also could you please take a minute to checkout 'My Poem Collection' Thnx.

xo Sarah_leeeeeee xo