Counselor: Season 1, Episode 9

Episode 9: Mason Hunt

Scene 1:

(Scene opens with Rosie by herself. She's lying down on the side of a grassy hill right next to a lake, relaxing with her eyes closed and basking in the spring sunlight.)

Rosie: Ah, finally a Saturday all to myself. No dad, no Hartford, no monsters, demons, or criminals to bother me...I can finally just be alone.

Matt/Sherri: Rosie!

(Suddenly, Matt and Sherri appear next to Rosie. Her eyes snap awake.)

Matt: What're you doing here?

Sherri: Are you doing anything later?

Rosie: (annoyed) Ugh, seriously?

Matt: What's wrong?

Rosie: You guys realize that recently, we've been doing everything together?

Sherri: I...I don't think so...

Rosie: Well we do. It's like you guys just randomly show up in my life all the time.

Matt: So? We're friends right?

Rosie: Yeah but every time I'm around you two something weird, dangerous, or magical, happens. I just want a day to myself, a day where nothing weird happens.

Matt: Rosie, I promise that if you let us sit here with you, nothing bad will happen.

(Cut to 10 seconds later. All three of them have singed hair, are covered in ash, dirt and slime, and bleeding.)

Matt: Okay, bad timing...

(Rosie dusts herself off and shakes herself clean.)

Rosie: See? This is exactly what I mean.

Sherri: Rosie, please...

Rosie: Nope, I'm going home.

(Rosie's phone starts ringing.)

Rosie: (picking up) Yeah?

Marcus: Rose, Hartford called. He wants to see you in his office.

Rosie: What? Why?

Marcus: Something about volunteer work that's mandatory.

Rosie: (pissed off) Then it's not volunteer work, is it?

Marcus: Whatever. Just go to school. I'm not gonna tell you a second time.

Rosie: Fine!

(Rosie hangs up the phone, stands up and leaves.)

Rosie: Hartford needs me. I'll talk to you two later.

Scene 2:

(Scene opens inside of Hartford's office at SEMS. Hartford is sitting behind his desk looking at papers when there's a knock at the door.)

Hartford: Come in.

Rosie: (walking in) You needed me?

Hartford: Please, have a seat.

Rosie: (sitting down) Whatever it is, I didn't do it. Sylvia and Angie lied.

Hartford: Rosie, it's not about anything like that. You're not in trouble.

Rosie: (surprised) Oh wait, really?

Hartford: (curious) What did you do to those girls?

Rosie: Uh...That's not important. So...What did you need?