Chapter 18

/Few days later.../

He pulled his clothes on and headed to work. They are filming a new episode today...but today is somehow not his day. Why? He and Stana finally admitted everything to each other. He should be happy, right? Yes...well it's not exactly what he imagined, yet she's still married and with everything she told him that marriage was never the thing, he still can't help but feel like the third wheel in this whole love triangle. Maybe without him she and Kris would be able to smooth things over with each other. Maybe he's just a nuisance and he doesn't belong here...today, more than ever, he felt listless and useless...why? Well her wedding anniversary is getting closer and he knows it so he just feels like a destroyer of other people's marriages. Maybe...maybe it would have been better if they hadn't met again at all and he hadn't gotten into her life, maybe she would have been better off without him? A thousand maybe this, maybe that was pounding on his head as he drove to the set. But what now, should he walk away from everything when he encounters the first obstacle?? No and he won't, damn, he loves that woman and if he has to, he'll fight for her to the last breath! Only a few days passed without him seeing her and he is completely lost, he doesn't know what to do with himself...and no, he won’t let her go, it may sound selfish of him, but how can you let go of someone you love? He can't just give up on her because situation isn't ideal...because there is no simple love stories, if it's simple it's not love. But now, as he drives he has promised himself that their story will get a happy ending, no matter what, the two of them will have their happy ending... Will they? The questions swirled in Nathan's head again. Yes, they will, at one point a smile is playing on his face. No they won't, they are not destined, but again at another moment his heart constricts, as if someone is tearing him apart. He would just like her to be here because she is the only one who can comfort him...but it's not like she went to her apartment because "she needed time" or because they had an argument,because they didn't , but simply because she lives there and because she has a job to do. He has a job to do too, but when she's not there he feels so...empty, as if someone had taken half of him. She's his...girlfriend?? No, he can't call her that, do they date at all? What are they anyway?? He can’t call it dating, but they’re definitely something. He has feelings for her, he wants to be with her all the time, and he doesn’t know what he would do without her, but he can’t call her his girlfriend or even say they’re dating. Why? Well because he never asked her. But what, now he should dial her phone number and ask her "Hey Stana, will you be my girlfriend?" No, that's for teenagers, he's a grown man, for God's sake! But he wants to know where they are! Yes, they admitted to themselves that they have feelings for each other and that they don’t want this to be a passing thing. But he’s like a lost puppy again, only one thing he knows for sure, he needs her. He needs her and he can't help himself, he needs to get lost in her eyes again, he needs her smile to warm his heart all over again. 3 days! Yes, it's been 3 days since they've seen each other and he already feels like he couldn't last another second without her. You can call him stupid, weak, incapable of living his own life, lost, but he’s none of that, he’s in love head over heels...

"Hey!"

"Nate, you're here!"

"Morning, man!"

Everyone greeted him cheerfully when he reached the cast’s tents, but he just nodded, shrugged, and muttered something like a greeting.

"Okay, guys, we're ready to start filming!" It was announced and everyone gathered around the set to take their positions.

"Okay, Nathan, you're standing here and when you hear the shooting you run to tackle down Fiona(Toks's character)." One of the screenwriters explained to Nathan, but none of those words came to Nathan.

"Nathan, are you listening, you there?" He waved hand in front of his eyes.

"Hm..yes, yes, go on" Nathan winced and tossed a few words aloud.

"Nathan, you okay?"

"What’s bothering you, man?"

"Come on you can tell us..."

Everyone was worried about Nathan when they noticed that he was unusually absent today.

"It's nothing" He just waved his hand away "I'm just a little tired" he thought of an apology so they wouldn't question him further.

"Okay, people!" the filming director whistled to get everyone’s attention.

"We are postponing today's filming! And Nathan I believe you will get a better sleep next time because you have the lead role in this episode" He finished emphasizing part with Nathan’s lack of sleep with a suspicious tone.

"And I need the rest of you to film some other scenes!" He turned to the rest of cast after "bye" "take care" part to Nathan was done. Everyone saw that something was wrong with him. Of course they care, they are practically family...

"Nathan!" He heard someone running after him when he was already at the car. "Don't think you got away with it, you might be able to sell them that story of you being tired, but not to me, Nathan I know you" Toks spoke in a gentle, friendly voice and tried to comfort him. "No, I'm really just tired, I'm going home and I'll be like new tomorrow" He just tried to think of something so she wouldn't question him further. "Okay, I'll let you go this time" She gave him one comforting smile before she headed back to the set and Nathan got in the car...

His foot was on the accelerator with all its might, his hands tightened around the steering wheel but his focus everywhere just not on driving and on the road ahead. Why does the sun shine so brightly and why does this moron behind him blow his trumpet with all his might?? But before he could get answers to any question, his hands just slipped off the steering wheel for a moment, his eyes wandered completely and what he was just doing slipped from his mind, his head pounding in pain like hell was the last thing he felt before everything went black...

This is just short and tense chapter, in anticipation of what will happen next... but you'll have to wait for next chapter to find out...

*Timeline(dates) are little messed up* sorry