Chapter 19

"Sir, can you hear me?" Nathan slowly opened his eyes and heard some unfamiliar voice, still vague and incomprehensible, but quickly the words began to make sense and turn into sentences. "Ww..where am I?" He asked in a weak raspy voice that didn't serve him very well. You had a car accident, we checked your vital signs and just kept you on IV until you regained consciousness, the injuries are milder and the force of the blow was not that strong, you were lucky so there was no need for urgent intervention by going to the operating room. One of the paramedics explained, while Nathan was still trying to fully open his eyes. And when he finally succeeded, in spite of all the pain, disappointment was the only thing he felt. He just wanted to see those brown-green eyes waiting for his blues to open, but the bright lights and white ceiling of the hospital room was all he could see. And then it hit him, for God's sake he wants those brown-green eyes, he wants to see them every morning when he wakes up and every night before he closes his eyes, he wants to get lost in the beauty of those eyes for the rest of his life, he's in love with those eyes!! Did he have to had a car accident to figure it out? No, this only encouraged him that he no longer want to spend a single moment of his life without her, because life is too short and should be lived to the fullest!
And for him, that means her...

"Okay, sir I have to ask you a few quick questions to check on your condition after the accident" Paramedic explained as Nathan studied the various wires to which he was connected. "What’s your name?" He started with easier questions. "Nathan" He answered without hesitation. "Full name?" Paramedic continued. "Nathan Christopher Fillion" Nathan answered with certainly. "Date and place of birth?" The questions continued. "27th March, 1971, Edmonton, Canada" Nathan answered all the questions readily. "Okay, great, you’re fine, but you have to stay here for at least some more time until you come to your senses completely" Paramedic smiled and leaned back in the chair next to the bed Nathan was lying on to keep an eye on him and observe for any changes in his condition.

"Is it mine?" Nathan asked when the phone rang shortly after. "Yes, this someone really wants to hear you and doesn't give up, your cell phone has not stopped ringing since you've been brought here. "Read me who's calling" Nathan asked. "S..." Paramedic started, but before he could finish Nathan jumped  and almost tore all the wires that were attached to him. "Give me the phone!" Nathan exclaimed. "Sir, you can't..." "I don't care, if I can or can't, I need to hear her!" Nathan quickly contradicted what the paramedic started telling him and eventually got the phone in his hands

"Nathan, I have big news! And why on earth don't you answer, I've called you a thousand times..." Stana babbled in one breath as soon as Nathan answered the call.

"I..." He started but was interrupted by a loud ringing.

Beep Beep Beep

Monitor that monitored his heartbeat began ringing with all its might.

"Nathan, what's that?" Stana asked anxiously when she heard a ringing that reminded her of the sound of a hospital machine and the voices in the background.

"I...uh...had a minor car accident..." He admitted.

"Nat..." She catching the words, but none of them iron to leave her mouth without a conspicuous tearing voice.

"Hey, I'm fine, everything's okay, don't worry, you go to my place, I'll be there soon, just to get discharge papers and one more check up before I am free to go, okay?" Somehow she managed to calm down at the sound of his voice and relented.

"Well, there's one problem, I don't have the keys to your place" She noticed.

"Don't say it twice!" He had a ready answer, which caused her chuckles to be heard.