Chapter 20

26th April 2021

"Why don't you go pick it up today, you never know, you might need it" Nathan had been acting somewhat suspicious and strange since the morning...persuading her that it would be a smart idea to go pick up some things at her apartment, which she forgot to bring here and weren't that important at all, but Nathan suddenly jumped around as if it was the most important thing in the world. "So you wouldn't by any chance lend me one of your T-shirts, hm??" He knew she had caught him well there, for God's sake what should he tell her now? No, how no?? when he would give her all his T-shirts and later drown himself in her scent on his clothes... But no! He knows he has to focus and come up with something because otherwise the whole surprise plan will fall apart. He has to somehow drag her to go to her apartment and make her think it's her will, that it doesn't look like he's persuading her...but how? Eh, how, that's a good question. How to trick a woman who played one of the greatest police detectives in the history of television and probably picked up stunts and tactics of Kate Beckett. Oh, he knew very well that she had picked up a lot from Beckett, because she is teasing him the same way Beckett did to Castle...or...or it was actually Stana all along who gave Beckett that teasing nature?? This thought only made the whole process of thinking even more difficult for him. And now let someone explain to him how to deal with this woman?? How, how can he stay with himself?? When just one look of hers or just one thought about her and her teasing nature throws him completely out of step... Oh, woman just go to your apartment while I'm still able to talk Nathan gives his best effort to come up with something smart while he’s still capable, while she still didn't completely stun him...To talk, it’s one of the abilities that completely disappears from him when his blues come across a pair of hazel-green eyes. It's really hard for him, she, she completely distracts him, steals his gazes and speeds up the pumping of his heart, she throws him off his tracks, she...she just stands in front of him and that's it! But in doing so she does all this things to him...

"But what if someone robbed your apartment?" From all possible thinking and brainstorming, he came out loud with the dumbest thing possible. "Really, have you read that anywhere on some tabloid??" Any hope that this nonsense of his might somehow serve a purpose was shattered. Damn it, Nathan! He himself knew that if such a thing happened, the media would be the first to burst with information and possible culprits. But at that moment it seemed like the right thing to say...
Just when he started thinking again with what he could try come up next, but this time something smarter and to work... "Actually yes, I'm gonna need some clothes and few other things" The frown on his forehead disappeared when she herself eased the situation for him and he no longer had to intertwine and look for valid reasons to persuade her to go to her apartment. "See, I knew it!" Now a triumphant smile was already sweetly dancing on his lips. "But be sure, whatever you’re trying to do, I’ll find out" She gave him one last glance before the door behind her closed... "Oh, yes, you will, soon, very soon" He muttered contentedly as he flipped through the phone, when he came up with a specific name, he pressed the call key and pressed cell phone to his ear. After some seemingly mystical, secret conversation that consisted of "are you there, already?" and "we'll be there in about 15 minutes" Nathan waited impatiently for those 15 minutes to pass, and then typed a message to certain Stana among his telephone contacts....

I believe you will get some visitors soon!

Stana's cell phone light up with Nathan's message just as there was a knock on the door...she shook her head to stop the smile that was unstoppably penetrating her lips with the thought of Nathan in front of her door and with some sure special surprise because after all today is her day. "Nat-" Fortunately, she managed to stop his name from slipping off her lips in time, because he wasn't the one in front of the door....