SAD!

Lately you have been playing a lot of Animal Crossing, but those were not the only New Horizons.

You had been talking to George more and have become rather fond of him. The two of you plan to play Fortnite together this Saturday.

You had also been making a few more friends in the absence of Ami, broadening your horizons. I have no idea how to use this phrase I am so sorry!

Saturday rolled around slowly. It felt like those few days were several years but finally...

BEEP! BEEP!

Your alarm is going off... groan.

It was 10am on Saturday. You were due on Fortnite at 12, so you had a couple hours to kill.

You shower and eat and then go and practise on creative for a while. You're so excited! It's like another date!

No! Y/n, not a date! You don't like George, think of Ami...

Eventually, the clock flicks to 12pm and a party invite immediately flashes up on screen. You accept it instantly.

You join a lobby with 15 other people, one of them being George.

W-W-WHAT?!

And here you were, thinking it would be like the date you had the other day. You silly goose! Never date a gamer.

"George?" you mumble into the mic.
"Y/n? These are all my friends," George responds nonchalantly, "there's obviously many more but you can only have 16 in a party."

You feel like crying. How could he?

"Okay... I'm going to go..." you mutter, tears pooling in your seeing orbs.

You press leave party very quickly. You change your skin to the Prickly Patroller and load into a solo game, sobbing gently.

You land at Pleasant Park and begin killing people while singing softly.

"Yeah, who am I? Someone that's afraid to let go, uh!"

"You decide, if you're ever gonna let me know, yeah!"

"Suicide, if you ever try to let go, uh!"

"I'm sad I know, yeah, I'm sad I know, yeah!"

You end up scoring a 20 bomb and the Victory Royale. You leave the game sadly, and check your friends list. George is in a party alone.

An invite flashes on screen. You accept. George's character starts dancing beside yours. You find it endearing and smile through the pain.

"Y/n... I'm sorry..." he begins.
Your heart sinks.

STAY TUNED!