The Video Footage

Nikki's Point of View

I hope we don't get something too severe...I hold Brandon's hand, probably crushing it because of how nervous I am. Winston adjusts his seating for a second and clears his throat.

Winston: "Save the worst or best for last, kids?"

We look around. We each say which order we want. Of course Mackenzie and Jessica both chose worst for last. 3/4 of us want to hear worst first, though, so he crosses his arms and sighs.

Winston: "Mr.Vivor."

Patrick: "Yeah Man?"

Winston takes a deep breath, probably irritated due to Patrick's disrespectful behavior.

Winston: "You are to be expelled."

Patrick looks taken aback for a moment, but then he seems to get slowly angry with the principal.

Patrick: "Man, this is crazy! I didn't even do anything that bad."

Principal Winston sends a glare so menacing and ice cold, it sends a chill down everyone's spines. Patrick quiets down, but still mumbles under his breath, his arms crossed.

Winston sighs and looks back towards us, ready to find his next victim. He settles his eyes on Brandon.

Winston: "Mr. Roberts."

Brandon shuffles in his seat and sneaks a look at me before straightening himself out. He takes a deep breath and squeezes my hand slightly.

Brandon: "Yes sir?"

Winston: "What you did was far less severe, but still in need of punishment. I have considered it and decided you will officially not be expelled."

I wave of relief washes through me and I feel like I can breath. Brandon's staying, and this time I know for sure.

Chloe and Zoey look my way, smiling and giving me a thumbs-up. I smile back. I'm so grateful for my friends.

Winston: "So instead of being expelled, you are to be suspended for a week,"

He declares this and I silently thank whoever has helped us out of this mess. I smile, but my little party is interrupted by the sound of a chair moving abruptly against the carpeting.

All eyes are on Mackenzie as she stands there, her eyes ice cold and furious.

Mackenzie: "That's all he gets? This isn't fair!"

Winston's eyes narrow, and he looks at Mackenzie accusingly.

Winston: "I think it is perfectly fair, Mackenzie, considering what you have done."

She seems stunned by this for a second but recovers quickly. She doesn't dare look at the principal as she quietly sits back down, shooting daggers my way.

I'm upset by now, and I sit there in my own anger and am probably visibly steaming. I don't say a word, though, as I consider myself a sophisticated and nice person.

Mackenzie mumbles under her breath.

Mackenzie (mumbles): "The deserve worse than what they got."

Nice girl, nice girl. Nikki Maxwell refuses to stoop down to that level.

Jessica (whispers): "Totally."

Nice girl just lost it a little.

I stand up slowly from my seat, and Brandon seems confused by the random action. I let go of his hand, flash him a smile, and turn towards Mackenzie.