A New Life

Mackenzie's Point of View

I walk out of the mall with Jessica, raving about the new lip gloss I bought, Pretty Pear. It smells and tastes just like fresh pears! It's soooo good. Jessica talks about the new purse she got, a beautiful black bag with white silky handles and pearl decorations.

Jessica: "That was so much fun, Mackenzie."

Mackenzie: "Totes, Jess."

We stop in from of the mall and my limo comes up front. Jessica smiles and puts the sunglasses that had been on her head over her eyes.

Jessica: "See you here next time there's a sale?"

Mackenzie: "You know it girl."

She grins with her pearly white smile and walks over to side, calling her dad to come pick her up. I close the door to the limo and tell the driver to head home. What a day...

I sigh and place my shopping bags next to me. It's so tiring having to carry your own shopping bags. Ugh. I roll up the window separating me from my limo driver, and look out the window.

I can't believe Nikki is still dating Brandon. I thought he would dump her a few months after, but this thing is still going on. The last time I nearly succeeded in breaking them up was nearly a year ago, and I only remember it vaguely now. Brandon finally just started full-on avoiding me, and I feel so frustrated about it. I have no opportunities. This is an unfair fight for him.

I think it's time something happened again. They must have gotten a little bored of each other. I'll have to find a way to interfere with them, since summer is coming soon. It's still May, though. Ugh.

I wonder if I can find a way to make them realize just how different they are.

Wait...It's May....

I think I just remembered something.

I laugh out loud, probably startling the driver, but grab my phone. I text Jessica.

This is the plan that will work...I'm sure.