The Plot

Mackenzie's Point of View

I walked down the hall to my bedroom and flopped down on my bed. I look up and see my bed's canopy, glittering in the light of my room. I get back up and grab my phone from my dresser.

I open it and see a message from Jessica.

Jessica: Wanna go to the mall? They're having a sale on designer necklaces.

She sent this only about ten minutes ago. It's hard to believe I didn't hear it. I run my hand through my soft and long blonde hair. I smile.

This is the perfect opportunity to discuss my plan. I want to make this perfect. I know I look evil, but I'm just a girl fighting for her man.

Mackenzie: You know I do! Meet you there in...20?

Jessica replies back in a few minutes, as I'm getting ready to take a shower.

Jessica: Fab. See you there, Mac.

I walk into the shower and relax for a minute as the warm water caresses my skin. I grab my special brand shampoo and spread it throughout my hair.

As I'm taking a shower, my mind wanders for a minute. I think about Brandon. I think he might hate me. But I hate to think that. I should be with him. That's how it's supposed to be.

He is the prince, and I'm his princess. He has to be mine. The prince isn't supposed to fall in love with the servant girl.

I put my face in my hands. Ugh. This plan has to work now.

I get out of the shower and begin to get dressed. I slip into my white skinny jeans. I grab a blue crop top and a white undershirt and put it on.

I brush my hair and spread it. I grab my hair dryer and run it through my golden locks.

I apply my make-up and slip on my white designer sandals. I grab my new white and gold clutch and walk out of my room.

I hop into a new car that my father bought me. It's leather seats are more comfortable than a cloud.

I start my way to the mall when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID, and it's my dad. I answer and put the phone up to my ear.

(Author Message: I do not support texting or calling and driving. Do not do this while you are driving, because it is extremely dangerous.)

Dad: Make sure not to spend too much.

Ummm....How did he know that I was going to buy something?

Mackenzie: Okay, Daddy.

Dad: I have to work now. I love you.

Mackenzie: I love you too, Daddy.

That seemed like an odd call.....I will have to ask him about that later.

I press the End button on the phone and put it in my purse. I keep my eyes on the road again. I keep driving and the rest of my ride seems pretty smooth, except for a few texts from Jessica saying that I should hurry up while the sale is still going on.

I smile as I see the mall in my vision at the next turn, and as I come into the parking lot I choose a spot near the front of the entrance of the mall. I reach the entrance and I can see Jessica walking towards the front.

I walk towards her and she smiles as she sees me. Suddenly, I can see someone behind her and it seems like a girl my age. She walks up next to Jessica and smiles. I look at Jessica curiously and she just shrugs and smiles, her hair bouncing softly on her shoulder.

The girl next to her is nicely tanned. She has ginger hair that can almost be mistaken for a caramel color. She has emerald green eyes and freckles sprinkled upon her cheeks. I was actually kind of jealous of the lip-gloss she had on. It was tinted a soft reddish color and the gloss seemed to shine in all the right places.

Jessica: "Hey Mackenzie. I'd like you to meet Rebecca,"

Jessica points at who I can only assume is Rebecca, taking a swig of water from a water bottle she has in her hands. Rebecca waves at me, and I look at her and take in her outfit. She's wearing a nice black and green maxi dress. She has nice standard black heels.

Mackenzie: "Hello....Rebecca, I'm Mackenzie."

Rebecca: "Nice to meet you,"

Her voice is quiet and cute. Definitely not what I expected.

Jessica: "I ran into her here. She's in my tennis team."

I look at Rebecca, trying to measure her up.

I smile. She doesn't seem like she'll be a threat to me.

Mackenzie: "Well, now that we have introductions over with, how about that sale?"

Jessica smiles and walks towards the jewelry store we go to: Diamond Dealer, where we get all the latest styles.

I can already see people lined up for miles to get their hands on one of the pieces on sale.

Fortunately for me, I have connections, so I get some of the first pick when I come in.

I squeeze my way in and see the manager, Darla, and wave. She sees me and smiles a big bright smile. She moves past the crowd and pulls me in.

We move past many people glaring at us and I smile.

Mackenzie: "Hello Darla, what have you got for us today?"

Darla: "Miss Hollister, I have some beautiful necklaces saved just for you to browse,"

She guides us to a room in the back so we aren't crowded. She grabs a nice large black box and pulls out some necklaces.

Mackenzie: "Thank you. I'll call you when I'm ready,"

Darla nods and walks swiftly back towards the angry mob.

Mackenzie: "We've already gone through introductions, so I'm going to give you the plot. Rebecca, I would really appreciate it if you tried not to pay too much attention to us, hon."

Rebecca nods and smiles, taking out her phone, putting her headphones in, and scrolling through what seemed like music.

I sigh and look at Jessica.

Mackenzie: "Let me get started then,"

I grin.