Chapter 1

It was another regular day. Or at least, that's what Amy thought. When she realized that it wasn't raining for once, she raced right over to Blaze's door.

Blaze?
Do you wanna build an Echidna?
Come on let's go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away
We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why
Do you wanna build an Echidna?
It doesn't have to be an Echidna!
Go away, Amy
Okay, bye

Seeing the nice weather, Blaze barely puts her hands on the window's edge admiring the view. But when she does, she barely burns the edges. She jumps back in shock.

"These gloves will help," Fierce said, placing comfortable metal gloves on Blaze's hands. "See it." he said. "Don't feel it." Blaze replied. "Don't let it show!"

Do you wanna build an Echidna?
Or ride our bikes around the halls?
I think some company is overdue
I've started talking to the pictures on the walls
Hang in there, Joan!
It gets a little lonely
All these empty rooms
Just watching the hours tick by

In Blaze's room, there was a burnt part near the door. She trembled as it seemed to get out of hand. "I'm scared! It's getting stronger!" she cried. "Getting upset only makes it worse! Calm down!" Fierce soothed as he reached out to hug his daughter. "NO! Don't touch me!" Blaze shouted. "Please... I don't want to hurt you..." she begged, backing away from them. Luna reached over to place a hand on her husband's shoulder.

A few years went by before a major event in their life would occur, Amy slid past Blaze's room, sadly looking at it. She didn't bother to answer knowing she'd get the same answer as she had always received. Amy then ran over to her parents who were packing their supplies to go on a trip. "See you in two weeks!" she replied, embracing her parents' hug.

Before they left, Blaze met them at the bottom of the castle stairs and greeted them with a bow. "Do you have to go?" she questioned sadly. "You'll be fine, Blaze." Fierce reassured, both of them giving her a warm smile.

Eventually, they boarded the ship happily. In the middle of the trip, they were caught up in a huge storm. Sadly... they had drowned. The Sol Empire declared the King and Queen dead. A visual was held in their honor. Amy was there to attend the funeral. It was a sad day for everyone. Still, in grief from losing their only family, Amy went to the only person she felt as if she could connect with. It was a long shot. But she was going to try. She knocked.

Blaze?
Please, I know you're in there
People are asking where you've been
They say, "Have courage", and I'm trying to
I'm right out here for you, just let me in
We only have each other
It's just you and me
What are we gonna do?
Do you wanna build an Echidna?

Amy was on the floor, sobbing. While on the other side of the door, Blaze was in her own room. She was also crying. Sparks of fire and ash were all across the room. All she could do was curl into a ball and sob. Amy felt the same way as if no one was there for her anymore. The world seemed so lonely.