Chapter 11

Sonic was sitting in one room filled with the leaders and allies of the Solar Empire. He was still trying to recover from earlier. "I'm going back out to look for Princess Amy." he declared at last.

"You cannot risk going back out!" one leader cried. "If anything happens to her-" Sonic began. "If anything happens to the Princess, you are all the Sol Empire has left!" another warned. Sonic stops to consider this just as the doors opened up behind him. "Prince Sonic!" the servant urged. "AMY!" Sonic cried, taking her into his arms. "You're so warm!" "Sonic you have to kiss me!" "What?" "Now!" "What's going on?"

A servant covered her mouth in embarrassment before motioning to others to leave. "We'll give you two some privacy!" she smiled before they all left the room. Amy kept reaching for his collar and tried to get him to kiss her. "What happened out there?" he asked. "Blaze struck me with her powers!" Amy cried. "I thought you said she would never hurt you!" "I was wrong!"

She winced in pain and clutched her chest. Sonic picked her up gently before placing her on the couch in the room. "Her flames cursed me... and only an act of true love can save me!" she explained frantically. Sonic realized this and a lightbulb went off in his mind. "A true loves kiss."

Both looked at each others' eyes passionately, Sonic gently lifting her chin up, and leaned in to kiss her. But just as he was about to, he paused and looked at her slyly. "Oh, Amy... if only there was someone who loved you!" he sneered and then walked away. Amy sat there stunned. "What..." She looked at him confused as he walked over to the window. "You said... you did..." Sonic smirked in the mirror as he shut the curtain. "As sixth in line in my kingdom, I knew I didn't stand a chance. I knew I'd have to marry into the thrown somewhere!" he explained.

"B-But what are you talking about?" Amy asked fearfully. Sonic reached to the table and lit a match and lit a candle nearby. "As heir, Blaze was preferable of course but no one was getting anywhere with her. But you!" "Sonic!" "You were so desperate for love you were willing to marry me just like that!" he chuckled. He used the same match to light up the fireplace making it much warmer in the room. 

"I figured after we got married I'd have to stage a little "accident" for Blaze," he said, the fire only growing stronger. "Sonic! No!" Amy cried, falling off the couch to crawl towards him. "Then she doomed herself, and you were dumb enough to go after her!" he added. Amy continued to crawl, pleading with him. "Now all that's left to do is, kill Blaze. And bring back winter!" he replied coldly. "You're no match for Blaze!" Amy snapped. "No. You're no match for Blaze." he snapped, lifting her chin that she quickly moved away. "I, on the other hand, am the hero who is going to save the Sol Empire from destruction!" he declared boldly and got up to walk to the door.

Amy looked at him angrily, her teeth gritted. "You won't get away with this!" she snapped. Just as Sonic opened the door, he turned around, his once emerald eyes turned to a bright blue. "Oh... I already have!" he sneered and walked away. When the door was closed, he made sure to lock it right away. Immediately, she got up to limp to the door. "Please! Somebody... help..." she sobbed silently, trying to hopelessly open the door. As she sank down to the floor, her once pink quills were turning red with small tints of black.

She was all alone. It was getting hotter and hotter. And there was no escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that his plan was in place, Sonic walked into the room where the leaders were and looked as sad as possible. "It's no use! It's only getting hotter and hotter by the second! If we don't do something soon we'll all boil to death!" Eggman complained as he walked around the room.

That's when they saw him walk in. "Prince Sonic!" they gasped, seeing him walk in so upset. "Princess Amy... is... dead." he said sadly, trying to hold back his crocodile tears. Everyone gasped in surprise and walked over to comfort him, one pulling up a chair. Sonic sat down as if he was in disbelief. "What happened to her?" Eggman asked. "She was killed... by her own sister... Queen Blaze..." he said, his voice filled with pain. Everyone was shocked, realizing the events taking place before them.

"Her own sister..." Eggman said shocked. "At least we got to say our marriage vows..." he said, tears falling down his cheek. Everyone still looked at him sadly, wondering what to do. "Before she died in my arms..."

"There's no doubt now... Queen Blaze is a monster and we are all in grave danger!" Eggman declared. "Prince Sonic... The Sol Empire looks to you..." a leader said. "With a heavy heart... I charge Queen Blaze of The Sol Empire with treason... and sentence her to death..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In her prison, Blaze was still trapped. Seeing the outside world burning made her more concerned. Suddenly her cuffs began to turn to fire crystal. Flames began to crackle in random places. That's when she pulled at the chains that only got looser. Then someone began to try and unlock the door. "Hurry up!" "Quickly! She's dangerous!" the guards said, trying to get inside. As Blaze kept pulling she heard one of the guards cry out.

"AGH! The metal knobs are so hot!" he cried out. The inside the cell was beginning to cave in, the flames still crackling as it came down. Once the guards burst through the doors, they coughed from all the ash that fell in their faces.

Sonic, who was with them, snarled at the destruction seeing what had happened.

All that was left... were the burnt and melted chains and cuffs that Blaze left behind. A hole in the wall leading the outside of the fiery kingdom.