Chapter 6

Amy and Shadow and Big had traveled some ways from the last place they crashed. The farther they went through the woods, the more beautiful it became. Blaze had left behind ashes that made the trees change their color. Fire crystal was spread all across the land making it shine from the sun. Despite all the trauma and stress, she had gone through, she was amazed and even Shadow was amazed by its beauty.

While they walked, Big ran through the entire forest, getting ash all over his fur. He tried wiping it away as Shadow moved a huge branch out of the way. "Wow... I never knew fire crystal could be this beautiful!" Amy gasped, stars in her eyes.

"Yeahhh! I guess it is. But it's so red if you ask me! I mean where's the variety in colors you know? I would think there could be more options. Like maybe an azure, or chartreuse, or pink, maybe some lavender! Oh, wait, purple and red? That's dead!" a red stone-crystalized echidna said as he rambled on. Amy and Shadow looked around wondering who was talking until he just walked in between the two.

Both were taken off guard. Shadow took a step back and Amy gasped. "Am I right?" he asked casually. "AHHHH!" Amy screamed as she kicked the red echidna whose stone head went flying. "Hey bro!" he said. "Oh heck no." Shadow said as he tossed it back. "Back to you!" "I don't want it!"

The two argued over it, throwing it was the body tried to snatch it back. "Watch it I'm valuable!" the echidna snapped. "Just put me down so I can talk!" he cried. "Ew ew! That's so creepy!" Amy cried throwing it back to the body. The body caught his head and put it back on top where it belonged. But when he looked back at them, he was completely lost. "Wait wait, why you guys hanging upside down like a bat or a vampire Chao?" he asked confused.

Everyone was stunned but Amy soon discovered he wasn't a threat and walked over. "Just let me fix something!" she replied, then moved his head in the proper position. "Hm! Much better! Thank you!" he said happily. "You're welcome!" Amy giggled. "Now I'm wonderful!" he said. "Welllll, almost!" she said. She reached in Shadow's satchel and took out the shovel claws for his hands which made it look better. But she pushed it on too hard and it went up past his hand. "I'm so sorry!" she cried.

"Oh don't worry! This actually makes things much better! I've actually wanted spikes! They make me look ferocious!" he said happily, but Amy pulled down the claws to try and get them properly clipped on his hands. "WOAH! IT LOOKS EVEN COOLER! Okay okay, I'll start from the beginning. I'm Knuckles the Echidna, and I like warm hugs!" he said happily, looking straight at Amy. "K-Knuckles?" she asked stunned.

Knuckles continued to look at her intensely waiting for an answer. "*gasp* It's really you! Knuckles!" she smiled. "And you areee?" he asked happily. "Oh! I'm Amy!" she replied.

"And who's the mean-looking animal?" he asked. "Oh, that's Big!" she said. "And then who's the purple cat?" he asked. "Big." Amy said again, confused. Shadow understood and rolled his eyes. "Oh great! It'll make it much easier for me!" he said happily, Big reaching over to give him a huge hug. "Aww! I like you too buddy!" he smiled. 

"Hey, Knuckles, did Blaze make you?" "Yeah, why?" "So you know where she is?" "Yeah, why?" "Can you show us the way?" "Yeah, why?"

Suddenly, Shadow took his huge crystal-rock arm off his body and looked at it. "How the heck are you alive?" he asked stunned. Without skipping a beat, Knuckles used his arm to slap him across the cheek. "Stop it Big! Personal space. Let's focus on the real mission here. Yeah, why?" he said, happily turning back to Amy. "I'll tell you why, Echidna. We need Blaze to bring back Winter and take away all this ash and fire." Shadow replied.

Right when he said those words, Knuckles was in awe. "Winter?" he gasped. All of them smiled and nodded. "Oh, I don't know why! But the idea of Winter sounds so cool! All the snowcones! Snow bunnies! And all things cold!" he sighed. "Really? I'm guessing you've never been in the cold?" Shadow asked, knowing what cold weather does to fire crystal. "Nope! But sometimes, I like to close my eyes and imagine what winter is really like!"

Reindeers-a-hopping, kids'll throw perfect snowballs
And I'll be doing whatever crystal does in winter
A drink, in my hand, my crystal up against the puffy snow
Prob'ly getting gorgeously shiny in winter

I'll finally see a winter breeze, blow away a summer draft
And find out what happens to solid crystal when it gets freeze
And I can't wait to see, what my buddies all think of me
Just imagine how much cooler I'll be in WINTER!

Dah dah, da doo, uh bah bah bah bah bah boo
The hot and the cold are both so intense
Put 'em together it just makes sense!
Rrr raht da daht dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah doo
Summers a good time to play and huddle
But put me in winter and I'll be a ... happy Echidna!

When life gets rough, I like to hold on to my dream
Of relaxing in the winter moon, just lettin' off steam

Oh the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there too
When I finally do what crystal things do in winter!
Shadow:(I'm gonna tell him)
Amy: (Don't you dare!)
In WINTERRRRRRRRR!