Initiation

-Y/n's POV-

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! YEAAAAAAH BABYYYY!!!!!" I yelled as I flew through the air. The wind hit my face and it felt pretty damn good. I took Trailblazer off my back, put it under me, and stood on the blade while still holding the grip. I started to do tricks in the air as if I was on a skateboard, twisting around and doing flips. I went back and reoriented myself properly before I revved the handle and the fires from the exhaust boosted the sword forwards, sending me faster through the air. I passed Jaune while doing so. I could even hear his screams as he flailed in the air. I could also hear a faint yell and some laughter over to my left. I looked and saw Yang use her weapons to propel herself until she landed on the ground with a roll. "I think it's about time I land this thing."

I pulled my weapon out from under my feet, pressed the brake lever, and stuck the blade out in front of me only for it to stab into a tree, leaving me hanging. I dangled there, watching Jaune fly over my head, screaming.

"I guess I'm done hanging around here." I managed to pull it out and backflip off of the tree, landing on the ground. "I really need a new way to land from a long fall. Alright, time to find the relics."

I started running throughout the forest. I realized that If I were to make eye contact with anyone, they would be my partner for the rest of my time here at Beacon, so I had to make sure I had to be with someone I could work well with. After a bit of running, I stopped to catch my breath. It was quiet, too quiet. I remember Ozpin saying we would die here if we weren't careful, but I haven't seen anything in a good while. I walked through some bushes and found a Grimm waiting on the other side. I quickly jumped back as it roared and jumped through the bushes.

"Woah! My first Grimm! Ah, It's nice to meet you. My name's Y/n. I'll be the one killing you today. Congratulations! It seems you're gonna be my first Grimm ever. How does it feel to be so special?" I held my hand out, simulating me holding a microphone to the creature. It tilted its head in confusion before roaring once more. It charged at me as I rolled to the side. "You're a Beowolf, right? I'm guessing because you look wolf-like."

It roared again and charged at me a second time, only for me to block its attack with Trailblazer.

"It's been so long." I grinned and spun around and swung upwards, slicing it. It stumbled backwards and growled. It then paced left and right, thinking of another way to attack me. It jumped into the air for an aerial pounce. I revved my sword up and jumped at him, slicing it down the middle of its body. It fell to the ground, dead. It's body faded away. "God I love doing that. Felt like some action movie. Would've been cool in slow motion. I wish there were more. Oh well."

I put Trailblazer away and kept walking more throughout the forest. I was surprised to not be able to see anyone else in the forest yet. After more walking, I got bored again. I wanted to kill more Grimm. Then I came up with a stupid, but good idea. I didn't know if it was gonna work, but I was going to do it anyways. I cupped my hands around my mouth and shouted....

"HEYYYYYYYY!!!! ANY GRIMM WANNA COME OUT AND KILL ME?!?!?! I'M LITERALLY SAD AND ANGRY AND DEPRESSED!!!!!" I stopped yelling and fake whining and waited. Suddenly, a pack of Beowolves pounced out of the bushes and surrounded me. "Haha! Yo, it actually worked."

I turned around and one quickly lunged at me and pinned me to the ground, its claws on top of my arms, holding me.

"Slow down there buddy, we haven't even had dinner yet." It roared loudly right in my face and it tried to bite down on my head. I moved my head to the left, dodging. It tried biting to the left and I moved my head to the right. This happened several times before I leaned back and pushed it off of me with my feet. I then threw my sword at it, the sword lodging in its head. I ran up to it and jumped on the sword, grabbing the handle, slicing the rest of the Beowolve's head open as the sword went down. I twisted the handle and swung the sword around to luckily catch another Beowolf that was just about to scratch me from behind. Trailblazer sliced the head off of the Grimm cleanly with both the head and the body starting to burn before they both disappeared. "Crap, I need to be careful. I'm in a forest, can't let the place burn down."