A Team of My Own

-Y/n's POV-

I watched as Weiss slammed the door in my face, leaving me in the hallway. I was a bit shocked at first, but I guess it made sense. I would also be confused if someone came to my room saying they were an extra part of my team of four. Ozpin probably hasn't sent Ruby the message yet, so I just sat against the wall next to the door and waited. Suddenly, Team JNPR turned the corner and walked down the hallway.

"Oh, Hey Y/n. What're you doing here?" Jaune asked me, walking up to me with his team behind him.

"Oh... It's... a long story. Congrats on getting team leader by the way."

"Thank you." He smiled. "Oh, let me introduce you to my teammates. This is Pyrrha Nikos."

"Hello~." Pyrrha waved.

"Lie Ren." He continued.

"Greetings." Ren said with a quick bow.

"And this is..."

"...Nora Valkyrie!" She said for herself confidently.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. Ah, let's just say I've been allowed by Ozpin to join team RWBY." I explained in a quick manner. They all then got a bit confused.

"Ah... say what now?" Jaune Scratched his head as I started explaining the situation further in a more detailed way.

-Meanwhile... Ruby's POV-

"Weiss, what did you do that for?!" I asked Weiss after seeing her slam the door on Y/n's face. She turned to me with a irritated look.

"You heard him, didn't you? He said he was a part of our team when that's clearly false."

"Yeah, but you could have at least given him the time to explain himself." Yang crossed her arms.

"He wouldn't have came here and told us that without a reason." Blake added.

"Don't you think it seems a bit odd?" Weiss asked before speaking again. "Why would he come here and say he's our teammate?"

Hearing her ask, Yang just shrugged with a smile.

"I'm more surprised that he's here. I thought that if you didn't grab a relic, you'd get booted out of the school."

"That should be right." Weiss nodded. Suddenly, my scroll started beeping and vibrating.

"You get a message, Ruby?" Yang looked over at me as well as everyone else.

"Yep! Hold on a sec." I pulled my scroll out and tapped on the message and started reading it to myself before Yang spoke up once more.

"What does it say?" She asked me. I started reading the message out loud to the team...

"Dear Miss Rose,

I would like to inform you and your team that Mr. L/n will be joining you from this point forward. Even though he lacked the required relic to be admitted into the school, I've decided to let him stay. I understand that this will make you a team of five, which is different than the usual four person team I've assigned you all to. He will be able to participate in the Vytal Festival as well as go on missions as a normal team would. He is a great fighter and I believe he will fit in well within your team. He claims to also know you and a couple of your teammates, so there will be some familiarity. I recommend you and your team treat him to a warm welcome as you will be with him throughout your time here at Beacon. I wish you all a wonderful rest of the evening.

Sincerely,

Your Headmaster,

Ozpin." I finished reading the message and put my scroll away. "So Y/n was right. He's our new teammate now I guess."