The Greatest Day in Beacon History

-Y/n's POV, The Start of the Second Semester-

"You know, lunch today ain't that bad." I said to myself quietly. Finals were finally over and the second semester was already on our plates or... trays for that matter, as we were in the cafeteria at the time, eating some lunch. Blake was surfing through a small notebook while Yang, Weiss, and I were eating normally. I sat in front of the girls, and yet Ruby was nowhere to be seen. JNPR sat at another table far behind us, Nora launched bits of food via spoon catapult every so often. Yang then quickly scooted over to Blake, surprising the Faunus.

"Watcha doin'?"

"Nothing, just going over notes from last semester." She closed her book, her attention kept on Yang, who was busy catching a grape that was thrown by Nora with her mouth.

"Notes? Looked like a bunch of doodles to me." I shrugged, taking another bite out of my Ursa-shaped chicken nugget. Her eyes turned to meet mine with a glare.

"I can assure you that they're notes."

"Laaaaame~." Yang chimed. Nora continued to giggle and toss grapes at the blonde with her spoon. She caught the grape with her mouth easily, giving the redhead a thumbs up. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Ruby entered the lunchroom holding a large, white binder. When she got to us, she heaved the thing up and slammed it on the table. catching the rest of the girls off guard. I looked at the binder. The binder was massive. It was about seven to eight inches thick full of paper. I didn't know whether to be impressed or concerned. Then, I looked at the top. "Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee" was crossed out with a red marker and replaced with "Best Day Ever Activities" underneath. She then cleared her throat and began a speech.

"Ahem ahem. Sisters.... Friends... Extra Teammate... Weiss..."

"Hey!" Both Weiss and I spouted.

"Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream."

"This oughta be good." Yang caught another berry in her mouth.

"A dream that one day, the five of us will come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... ever!"

"Wait, you did all of this in seven minutes?" I gestured towards the massive binder, a bit shocked that she could come up with all this stuff so quickly.

"Did you steal my binder?" Weiss pointed at her, to which Ruby made peace signs with her hands.

"I am not a crook."

"Also, didn't we have a huge prank war like, a couple weeks ago? Wasn't that enough fun?" I asked the younger student. That prank war was awesome and was totally worth having a tie with Yang over.

"Yeah, but that was like so last semester ago." Ruby waved it off jokingly. "I have plans for this semester! All the stuff we can do before the Vytal Festival, especially today!"

"What are you talking about?" Blake added, confused on the current talk.

"I'm talking about kicking off this semester with a bang!" She pointed her finger at Blake in reassurance.

"I always kick my semesters of with a Yang! Eh? Guys? Am I right?" Everyone disliked her attempt at a pun. I snickered a bit at it, as I found it a little funny. "This guy gets it!"

An apple then smacked Yang in the face, causing the hothead to glare at Nora. "Booooooo!" Nora said from her table.

"Look guys, it's been a good two weeks and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But, classes start back up tomorrow! Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today."