Chapter 1

Y/n's pov

"Let's get over with this."- I thought to myself.

I adjusted my gown carefully, ready to face the day.

Today is my wedding day and like all other brides I am happy

Today is my wedding day and like all other brides I am happy. I am not happy because I was about to get married I'm happy because I know I won't get married today.

Flashback

I was sitting on the sofa as Mark was pacing around the living room of my house. My parents were not at home and Mark said he had something important to discuss with me.

"What is it, Mark ?" I asked impatiently.

He looked at me with uncertainty, "I have to tell you something."

I sigh getting furstrated with him, "You have been saying this for the past two minutes. What do you want to say ? Spill it ."

Mark came towards me and kneeled down, "Y/n, I'm really sorry but I can't marry you."

As soon as he said that I felt relieved and happy. I never wanted to marry someone of my parents choice. Because they only care about their reputation and how they can make their business more successful. And my wedding was scheduled for tomorrow.

Seeing how silent I was Mark got nervous, "I'm really sorry, Y/n. But I love someone else."

I shook my head and flash him a smile. He looked at me confused.

"It's okay. Even I didn't want to marry you."

He sighs in relief, "Really ?"

"Yeah." I assure him with a smile.

"By the way, don't you worry. I will tell everything to my parents and leave to another country with my girlfriend."

I stood up making Mark stand up as well.

"No. Don't tell anything to anyone."

"But why ?" Mark asks confused with my hesitance.

"If you say anything to them now they will make sure to replace you with someone. They will get me married anyhow."

"Oh. Then what is your plan ?"

I smirked "Just keep your mouth shut. Leave tomorrow to some country with your girlfriend. They should only know about your absence at the time of the wedding. They can't replace you at that time for sure."

Mark nodded and bowed to me, " Thank you alot. I really appreciate this."

Present

"What are we going to do ?!" Y/n's mother wailed.

Y/n's father looked at Mark's parents angrily, "You betrayed us ! Your son ran away and you didn't know ?!"

Mark's parents looked down, guilt reflecting on their faces.