Chapter 238: Selling

Sun Yiyi didn't care how ambivalent Liu Chengyu was feeling. He officially told Liu Chengyu to hurry up on paying Li Shuhua. They've already spent three million. If they offend Li Shuhua for just 150k, they would lose something bigger. Li Shuhua could get him out, and he also could throw him back in jail!

Liu Chengyu had just gotten his salary for this month. Because he was on trial, he only had 3,500 RMB. It wasn't even enough for his meals, so where could he get the 150k?

Was he really going to have to beg Zhang Pei?

When did he start asking women for money?

This was illogical and wasn't going to happen!

In fact, Liu Chengyu had already thought of a way to accumulate money.

He turned his house inside out and found the car keys, which got hidden by Zhang Pei.

He resolutely sold the car he used in that incident.

When he bought the car, he spent more than 200k, and it had only been used to drive a bit more than 50k miles. Initially, he thought he would be able to sell it for 100k, but since there were still traces of the car accident left on the car, which could be seen no matter how he fixed it, the buyers all shook their heads and left when they saw the car and heard that it had been in the traffic bureau before.

He had no choice but to push the price down to 70k before a buyer was willing to take it.

After taking the 70k, Liu Chengyu still had no idea how he would solve this problem. He pondered for a long time, sitting in the living room when his eyes suddenly noticed the set of the piano in the main bedroom.

And so, an idea came to his mind.

These days, Zhang Pei had not taken a single break from her busy work with Liu Man. That year, when their house was getting modeled, she was the one who was fully in charge. At that time, Liu Chengyu had to go to work and only gave her money, letting her do whatever she wants. Her daughter also had no opinions and didn't care about anything. Zhang Pei had deeply experienced the pain, and she even got sick out of exhaustion.

Compared to the warehouse makeover this time, that house modeling was nothing.

Luckily, she had Liu Man to help her do half of the job. Every week, excluding the three days in which she had to take lessons from Professor Su, Liu Man was there all the time. Liu Man arranged everything neatly, so Zhang Pei only had to be a supervisor to ensure the employees' attitudes and progress.

The makeover employees worked in all kinds of places in the factory, and now, this place was no different from construction sites. The temperature was sweltering, and the work was exhausting and dirty. Zhang Pei and Liu Man were not coquettish at all. They worked all day and only rested at night, eating and working with the employees. Every day, when it was time to go back home, both of them were completely covered in sweat and dust, and they both stank.

On this day, Zhang Pei, once again, returned home, smelling stinky. The living room was dark, and only the rooms were lit up. Sure enough, Liu Chengyu had already laid on his bed early in the evening.

Zhang Pei was going to first take a shower. All her belongings were now in Liu Man's original bedroom.

She entered the room, turned on the lights, and at first glance, she realized that the piano that originally leaned against the wall was gone. A rectangle black mark was left on the light-beige-colored wallpaper, which was the outline of the piano. She immediately opened her drawer chest, which she stored all her important credentials and papers in. Sure enough, everything seemed to have been touched. She took a closer look and realized the car keys were gone.