Act 9: Ridge Boyz Concert

Scene 1:

It's been almost two months. Catrina has been trying her best, to be the best girlfriend possible for Gerard. It's not being easy for her, knowing that Gerard's condition can, at any moment, end his normal life. Right now, it's a sunny April morning. Catrina just woke up, and is now in the kitchen, with Corey, Sam, Stewart, Eddie and Linda. They're all paying attention to her.

Catrina: Listen, guys, there's something I wanna say to all of you.

Linda: Okay, dear. 

Eddie: We're all here for you. We're all ears.

Catrina: Okay... I wanna thank you all, for being the most supportive, most caring family I could ever ask for, after knowing about Gerard's situation. (starts crying) I can't even begin... To describe how much you guys mean to me.

Corey: Aw, sister.

Sam: We're all here for you.

Stewart: Yeah, you can count on us.

[They all hug her]

Catrina: (wiping her tears) Thank you... Okay, someone please make a joke now, otherwise this will just be one depressing breakfast.

Stewart: I got it, fuggin... Scott will quit weed.

[Everyone laughs, except for Linda]

Linda: Ha ha... I really don't like the fact that you're friends with a stoner.

Eddie: C'mon, it's not like he's doing it himself.

Stewart: Yeah, I don't do it anym... I mean, I don't do it.

Linda: That's right, Stewart. You better not do it.

[They all have breakfast, and then it's time to go to school. Catrina and Stewart leave. So does Linda also goes outside]

Eddie: (turns to Sam) By the way sweetie, there was this letter for you in the mail (hands her a letter).

Sam: (grabs the letter) Thanks, dad.

Eddie: No problem.

[Eddie goes outside]

Sam: (tries to open it) Oh, yeah. It's that contest I entered. Let's hope I got first place, and won a jetski.

Corey: Or... You get second place, and win two tickets to the Ridge Boyz concert tonight.

Sam: Or first place, which is way better... (opens it, and reads it) Damn you, Corey! You jinxed it.

Corey: Nah, I simply used the Predictator to emulate it.

Sam: Well, I don't know what to do with these tickets. Maybe I'll sell them, or give them to Bellamy.

Corey: Or you can give them to me.

Sam: Since when are you a Ridge Boyz fan?

Corey: Since yesterday, when I spent the whole afternoon listening to their garbage music, to prepare for this moment... I was hoping to take Nicola to the concert.

Sam: Oh, I see. So you want the tickets I won, so you can take your little princess to the concert, huh? That'll be 400 bucks.

Corey: Yeah, and maybe the next test, you'll get an F, how does that sound?

Sam: (sigh) Fine. (hands him the tickets) But don't mention this to Bellamy. She'll kill me, if she finds out I gave them to you.

Corey: Consider my mouth shut.

[Sam leaves. Eddie comes back in]

Corey: Hey, uncle Eddie, I was wondering if you could give me advice.