Chapter Twenty Four

A/n

In case you guys didn't see, I put up a poll on my message board if you'd like to give some input on what I should work on next. I'd really appreciate the feedback!

The last place you were expecting to wake up was wrapped up in Kylo's arms. You had tried the whole sleeping splayed out on a lover's chest thing before and it always ended with you being pushed off while you were in a deep sleep or waking up soaked in a mixture of your own and your boyfriend's sweat. Once you even fell from a tall king sized bed onto the hardwood floor of a one night stand and the bastard didn't even try to help you. The next morning he kicked you out of his home with bruises all over your hip and ribs, and you vowed never to find yourself in such a position ever again. Once you felt like Kylo had fallen asleep you inched your way off of his chest as much as you could, and once you were half way off of him his arms tightened around you again. He groaned, but from the lack of movement and the even breathing that came from beneath you you could tell he was still asleep. It felt like you had been waiting an eternity for him to loosen up, and you didn't think waiting up to crawl off of him completely would work. You were exhausted. In the end you gave up. You were certain that through what remained of the night the two of you would separate. After all, you were sure this wasn't comfortable for Kylo either. You lay your head down on his shoulder and cuddled up to him a little bit harder. It wasn't comfortable, but it would have to do. You shut your eyes. You went to sleep, and you didn't expect to wake up in the exact same position the next morning.

Your left leg was strewn over his pelvis, your left arm draped over his chest. Your right arm was bent beneath you and was acting as your pillow, and your right leg was stretched straight down his body. Kylo had one arm curled protectively around your shoulders and the other bent so that his hand was pushed against his face. You hadn't drawn the curtains last night so the room was well lit and warm. You had slept like this all night long. You had slept next to Kylo all night long.

Your back was a little stiff and your arm was completely asleep, and you were sure Kylo was probably feeling the same, but you couldn't help but to stay right where you were and enjoy Kylo's company. It had been so long since you had someone to cuddle with in bed, and even though you weren't totally comfortable, you were at total peace there against him. You felt like you were being protected, appreciated. Loved even, although you knew that was too far. You still thought of Kylo as a beloved friend, and knew you could never leave him when he needed your companionship so badly. So you snuggled against him, closed your eyes and just sat there. Your face pressed against his shoulder and your body tightly wound around his. It was so serene; from the sound of the birds chirping outside of your window to the muted sounds of the city you found yourself so relaxed. You thought you could sit here with Kylo all morning long, and you planned on sitting there with him all morning long until he began to stir beneath you.

A groan and a grumble in his chest caused you to open your eyes, and when you looked up at him you saw him simply staring at the ceiling. You turned your head and looked up at him, he turned his head and looked down at you, and you began to whisper a cheery 'good morning' to him. However, before you could get anything out Kylo was suddenly working his way out from under you.

You weren't sure what was wrong, especially since he carried a stoic look on his face, but either way you still sat up for him to move. You looked at him as he grew quite flustered and his cheeks turned a bright red, and upon dropping your gaze to his bare legs as he swung them out from under the covers you realized what was bothering him.

You hadn't noticed it when you ran to him last night, but before bed he had stripped from his jeans and slept in your sonic shirt and his underwear. At first glance you thought that he was just being shy about being so bare, but as your gaze lingered a second longer you realized you were staring at more than just his bare legs. For just a second you were able to see his underwear being stretched tall by something beneath it. At first it didn't register in your head, but once it did you found yourself growing quite embarrassed as well. His erection. His morning wood. It was something so natural, and yet it was something you weren't expecting to see at all.