Shapeshifter

Another picture of Cyndaris on the side

Cyndaris was leaning against a rock, waiting for Bilbo’s return from scouting.

“What is taking that hobbit so long?” Thorin asked, grumbling to himself.

“Be patient, Oakenshield.” She told him, taking her black hood off, showing her dark brown hair, that came right past her shoulders, she tucked a piece behind her ear, showing the elven points. “He will be back any moment.” Right as the words left her mouth, the little Hobbit came running down. Cyndaris gave a slight smile as he was greeted by the dwarves. But her smile soon faded at hearing his news. She wasn’t surprised by the orcs.

Her eyes darted around the party at all the reactions. “But just LISTEN- guys!” She saw the hobbit straining for attention. She climbed to the top of the rock and pulled out her bow and an arrow, she aimed and shot right in the middle of the commotion. That go all their attention, the dwarves stared at her.

“Listen.” She stated nodding to Bilbo. He stared at her for a minute, then went antsy again,”There is something else out there.” They all gasped and Cyndaris got another arrow ready incase they started yelling again, but that didn’t happen.

Gandalf stood in front of Bilbo,”Was it in the form of a bear?” He asked, “Well-yes-but much bigger.” Bilbo stated. Cyndaris sighed, Gandalf and her made eye contact as they both knew who they were dealing with.

Cyndaris pulled her hood back up and jumped down, walking over and picking her arrow back up. “Gandalf what are we going to do?”

“There is a house near..” Gandalf stated starting to walk off,”We will shelter there.” We started to walk off and we heard a loud rawr, Gandalf led the way, with Cyndaris in the back, guarding the dwarves with bow in hand.

They made it in sight of the house when there was a rumbling in the ground, Cyndaris turned to see the bear-like creature. “Noro!” (RUN!) Cyndaris yelled to Gandalf, since he was the only one that understood. “Hurry!” He yelled at the dwarves as we made it through the gates towards the doors.

The bear was almost on Cyndaris, when someone pulled her in the doors. She was behind all of them in the house with her bow raised towards the door they were struggling to close.

When they finally got them closed, she lowered her bow. “Where are we?” Ori asked looking around, everyone relaxing a little. “We are at the home of Beorn.”

“Who?” Fili asked. “He is a shapeshifter.” Cyndaris said, looking around at the animals. “He is the bear.”

“This is witchcraft…” Nori said, backing toward the door. “Hes leaving.” Ori said, Nori pulled him away from the door.

“The Bear form...Is unpredictable. But his human form can be reasoned with.” Gandalf said walking towards the kitchen. “Now get some rest.”

Cyndaris watched as the dwarves one by one fell asleep, Biblo being the last. She leaned against one of the poles, looking out in one of the cracks in the ceiling.

“Don’t tell me you are leading us where I think you are.” I said to Gandalf as he walked back through the house. “It is the only way to make it in time.” He replied, sitting down at one of the chairs in the dining room. “I can’t risk seeing him again.”

“You might not get caught Cyndaris.” Her gaze averted to him. “There is very few the elves of Mirkwood do not see, Gandalf.” He didn’t reply to her statement.

After a few minutes she turned around and walked off, finding somewhere to sleep for the night.