1: I See The Neighbours

A/N: Bonjour. JK I'm not French lolol. Great I'm probably pissing everyone off already! Hi, so this is my first chapter of my new book 'He's My Neighbour'. I was majorly inspired by TBBSMB, so please don't leave hate, because I know for sure that that book is probably FAR better than mine. It's my favourite Wattpad story, so credits to that! Okay, enjoy, vote, comment and share let's get started :) xx

Amelia: Chapter 1: I See The Neighbours

Everybody has a few moments in their day where disturbance is a crime. If anybody ever woke you, you'd feel like bitch-slapping them... Hard. You'd feel as though you lost a friend for a split-second, or as though the universe is scheming. The only problem is that you're too focused on your own being to get out of your world and do something about it. Something along those lines. However, I'm not that person. I do not sit there and watch the planet shake me up. I do not allow it to interrupt something important to me. I'm the sort of person to go to extreme lengths over simple things just to get my own way. I work to get given the things I want out of my life and the people in it with no excuse. I'm just the sort of person to do everything in my power to get exactly what I want, when I want.

By that, I mean I adore sleeping.

I love my sleep. There is no doubt about it... I love my sleep. Sommeil, sueño, schlaf, sono, slaap. Whatever languange you want to say it in, I love it. There isn't a deep meaning, like "I get to forget everything for a little while" or "I get to escape reality". Truthfully, there isn't a meaning behind it at all- I just really love my sleep and there is very few things in this world that's worth interrupting sleep for- and that's breakfast, a vacatian, Christmas, and eh... I think that's about it. However, I'll tell you what's not worth interrupting sleep for! Neighbours. No, not the shitty Australian televesion series, but literally next-door-neighbours. Fortunately, I live on a street of detatched houses. Unfortunately, they're only just detatched. My bedroom window is facing directly 30 centimetres away from next door's bedroom window, what sort of messed up architect would design something like that? No privacy whatsoever!

Luckily, up until now, nobody has lived in that house for about two years, which I've loved! Sure, Ticarra (my five-year-old sister) doesn't get a playdate everyday, but who cares? I get to sleep without distractions, I get to undress without being perved on, I get to avoid pointless small-talk on the way to the mail-box. The no neighbour life was luxurious! No arguing if a ball accidentally gets tossed into one another's garden. No mail being delivered to the wrong house. It was just a genuine weight off of everybody's shoulders. Well- mainly mine.

Although I was content with having no neighbours, my mum wasn't! Since our dad uh moved away (I guess you could say, even though I tell everyone he's working in the Chinese goldmines), my mum hasn't had a real friend to confide in and gossip with. Yeah, there's me, but I'm a socially awkward 16-year-old teenage girl who undoubtedly loves sleep. There's Ticarra, but you know, she's five. There's the dog (Bourbon), but something tells me the dog couldn't hold a conversation. That rules out everyone except for Lynsey- my best friend's mum. They hardly see eachother, nevermind speak to eachother. I suppose that's why she wanted a neighbour so badly, and well, today she was getting her wish!

It was the day I had been dreading ever since we saw the For Sale sign disappear. Someone had bought the house, and it was a mystery as to when they were moving in. In the meantime, I guess I should just sleep.

The heavy scream of breaks ricocheted through my head, as I tossed underneath my covers, attempting to swarm out the sound with cotton and warmth. I'm not usually awoken this easy, but the sharp, vibrating undertones of the piercing sound sent needles through my ear drums.

The car made a screeching beep.

Was this for real? I threw my pillow over my head in anger and exhaustion.