Letters ~ Steve

Dedicated to steverandlehasmyhart

Steve Randale was always focused on cars, friends, and family

Steve Randale was always focused on cars, friends, and family. Until the day came where he met you. He had never met anyone like you. Sure he knew a lot of girls, but you were by the prettiest one he'd met, also one of the nicest (when you wanted to be) and he admired that.

What he didn't notice was how you took interest in him as well. But, you weren't one hundred percent sure how to talk to him, so you went home one afternoon and grab some pen and paper and wrote a letter. You addressed it to Steve and then went down to the DX the next day. You bought a soda, and while leaving gave the note to the boy at the counter, Sodapop Curtis, and asked him to give it to Steve, before quickly leaving.

"Hey Steve! Got a letter for ya" Soda yelled as he walked back to where Steve was

"Who's it from?"

"Your mystery girl" Soda answered, handing it to him

"Mystery girl?" Steve mumbled to himself as he opened the letter. Reading it, a smile grew on his face before looking up at Soda.

"I haven't seen you smile that much over something unless it was cars or cake"

-------------------------------------------------------

Each week, you would write a letter and give it to Soda to give to Steve. This week, however, Steve sat at the counter, waiting for you. And when you approached he smiled at you.

"Hi, Y/n right?"

"Yeah, hi Steve"

He reached into his pocket, handing a sheet of paper to you. You handed him his, a small blush on your cheeks as you said your goodbye and walked outside. Once you got home you read the letter, smiling.

Dear Y/n,
I've gotten all your letter so far. Each one is really nice, you have a good, way with words. Thank you. I decided to write one because well, I was wondering if you'd like to go out tomorrow? We could go see a film, or go to the Dingo or just whatever.
If you do, meet me outside the DX tomorrow, 6 o'clock
- Steve

You placed the letter on your dresser, laughing because you had asked him out in your letter too. That evening, you picked out what you wanted to wear, and went to bed, prepared for tomorrow.

Before you knew it, you found yourself walking to the DX, Steve leaned against the wall as he looked up, a smile growing on his face when he saw you.

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 426

Written: May 5, 2021- May 24, 2021

Published: May 24, 2021

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐈𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬{✔️} 🎉