Chapter 14

"Remember to keep your stance loose so you can move faster." Caden yells over the music.

I nod my head and do as he says. Bouncing on my feet to keep the adrenaline rolling through me.

I punch the pads when he raises them, and duck when he swings.

We do a couple more rounds until Caden says that's enough practice for today.

I wipe my face down and raise my arms above my head so I can catch my breath.

Caden hands me a bottle of water and slap me on the back.

"You did good, let's get a shower then head to the grocery store."

I grab my Nike bag and head to the elevator.

I love having a gym In the basement of our apartment complex.

Nobody rarely uses it because most the people that live in the apartment are in there 60s.

We head back up to our apartment once Caden gets into the elevator.

The thing that happened between me and Caden last night hasn't been brought up again.

Their is a little tension In the air between us but we ignore it.

When we make it to our apartment I take a quick shower and Check my phone for the fist time since Travis called this morning.

Travis: The plane has just taken off.

That text was from this morning so frank is probably on land far far away from me.

I put my phone in my back pocket of my shorts and see Caden sitting on the sofa with water dripping from his hair.

He looks like a greak god

"Ready?" I ask

Caden head snaps over to me and looks me up and down.

His eyes linger on my thighs for a little longer than necessary, but finally snaps out of it and looks away from me.

He gets up of the couch and nods his head to my question.

                        *****************

Its finally fight night and I'm so pumped up.

I'm jumping around keeping my adrenaline going while Caden watches me.

"5 minutes " Caden says

I take my necklace off and hand it to him.

He walks closer to me and gives me a hug and a kiss to the forehead.

"Your going to do great, you got this baby girl."

"Thanks"

I close my eyes for the next couple of minutes until they call me out.

I walk out down the line that the people have made for me and Caden.

Jumping on the ring I touch the tattoo on my left wrist.

It's the word "hero" in cursive letters

It calms my nerves and am ready for my opponent.

The girl that gets into the ring with me is about my size but I have more muscle than she does.

The so called referee tells us to shake hand.

I place my hand out and she takes it but she want to be a ass and squeeze it harder than appreciated.

It doesn't hurt but I can tell she's trying to.

I roll my eyes and as soon as our hands separate from the shake I throw the first punch.

She doesn't see it coming and falls flat against her ass.

I don't rush her because the fight just started.

She takes her time getting up and circles around me with narrowed eyes and a bloody nose.

She jolts forward and swing but I duck and do a uppercut to her jaw.

I hear a satisfying crack and see blood run out her mouth as down her chin.

We go back in forth until I don't feel like playing around anymore.

I fake a right and left but on the second right I hit right were I want a hit.

the temple.

She drops like a sack of potatoes and the referee hold my arm in the air calling me the winner of the fight.

He places my cut In my hand and pats me on the back.

I hop down and make my way to Caden seeing Travis beside him.

I walk up to them both and give Caden his hug like normal.

He places my necklace back around my neck and kisses my forehead.

"You did amazing."

"Thanks." I smile

  I look over to Travis and give him a big smile.

"Well?" I ask

"You did great, sis" he says pulling me into a hug.

I narrow my eyes at him calling me sis but don't say anything because he will just call me it more.

I hug him back and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Listen I have to go and take care of some things. I'm glad I could make it, I will talk to you later."

"Yeah, thanks for coming." I give him one last hug and watch him walk off.

His scowl back on his face.

Me and Caden make it back into the room that I was warming up in and put my hoodie over my sports bra.

"Let's get something to eat for dinner and watch some tv."

I nod my head and take his hand letting him lead me out the back of the abandoned warehouse to the car.