These are the words...

2nd decision continued:

The same night Sam and Freddie go to youth group...

Freddie's POV:

I'm sitting in my room watching Splashface videos on my Pearbook. Just watching some video of a monkey throwing bananas at a hobo when all of a sudden the video pauses and the screen fades black.

When the screen comes back on it reads:

"Freddie Benson it is time for your second decision click skip to continue."

I click skip and it changes to another screen that if you didn't look closely at, you would skip over completely because it looks like one of those advertisement surveys.

The screen reads:

Your options are:

1. Headphones
2. Glasses
3. Gift card

Make your decision to resume your video.

The little advertisement timer is in the bottom left corner counting down from 30 seconds.

I don't need headphones I have a brand new pair I just bought from the Pear Store. They are these new ones with surround sound and a ton of bass.

I don't need glasses I would get made fun of more for being a dork and also I have 20/20 vision. I know surprising for a nerd.

I pick the gift card. My video resumes and I get an email.

I open the email and it reads:

"Congratulations Freddie Benson! You have won a $400 Pear Store gift card."

When I read those words I automatically know how I'm going to spend it. I do my research and pick out the Pear product I want. I will go into the store tomorrow and pick it up.

I get back to my Splashface videos, although, I can't even pay attention to them, all I can think about is Sam and how beautiful she looked this evening and how honest and raw our conversation was.

I then have an idea. I turn off my laptop and put it away. I don't want to waste my time watching splash face videos at 3 am. I go to the kitchen and grab some chocolate and a glass of lemonade. I go back in my room and turn on my bedside lamp. I pull out my Bible and start reading, I say a prayer for my future wife and then I get out an old leather bound journal and I begin to write.

What Freddie writes:

"Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
Love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths."

I end up writing a song. I grab my guitar and I practice it over and over until eventually I can't strum anymore and my eye lids get heavy. I put the guitar back in the corner of my room and I go to sleep.

Sam's POV:

I've been up all night thinking about the conversation I had with Freddie. He was so sweet and we actually had a conversation without arguing or name calling. It was kind of nice.